Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Gary Ponzo - A Touch of Deceit

I recently completed Gary Ponzo's striking first novel, A Touch of Deceit, a thriller concerning FBI special agent Nick Bracco, his cousins in the Mafia, and their joint efforts to bring down a terrorist invasion by Kurdish forces who have silently embedded themselves in all 50 states. Leading the Kurds is an old nemesis of Bracco's and suddenly everything becomes personal ... and very deadly. This is a remarkably mature work, with excellent plotting, several memorable characters, nicely drawn secondary figures and lots of twists and turns. If you enjoy fast-paced action, with a mix contemporary issues -- alongside tension releasing splashes of humour -- you'll find this highly entertaining.

It's on Amazon and Smashwords for $1.99. You can find out more about Gary here: http://www.garyponzo.com/

If you enjoy thrillers, this is a great bargain and amazing page ... clicker/swiper/turner. Oh, and sorry folks: it's not available in paper.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've added a somewhat longer review at Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R14ZD14...cm_cr_rdp_perm

So far the book has attracted 20 reviews, all very positive. If you like thrillers, you're certain to enjoy this one.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard

Last bump: a pretty good read for $1.99; an excellent first novel.

And, selling well given the self-published status of the author:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#2,060 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#65 in Books > Mystery & Thrillers > Police Procedurals
#42 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Mystery & Thrillers > Police Procedurals

(PS: I have no connection with Gary other than I greatly enjoyed the book and, as I do with many self-published authors and first works, admire the passion that he pursues his writing.)
Old 09-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #4
jamesread
Banned
jamesread began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'll check him out. Thank you for the recommendation.
jamesread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
jamesread
Banned
jamesread began at the beginning.

Device: none
Edit to my earlier post... I checked my reader and found I'd already purchased this ebook a while back but never got around to reading it yet. TBR list is too much as it is. I'll probably get around to read it just so I can review it on my Fiction Reviews blog at some point though.
jamesread is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first novel, kindle, smashwords, thriller