Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
zhoujianfu
zhoujianfu began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Kobo / Borders iPhone app only shows first epub chapter?

Heya!

Am I crazy or is the kobo app (and the Borders app, I tried both) unable to move past the first chapter in epub files? The same thing for on the iPad and the iPhone.

First I downloaded an epub from [pirate site] :

[url to book on pirate site]

It would only show the first picture (the epub is formatted one picture per chapter) .. I thought maybe the file was corrupt but I tested it at http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate/ and it passed perfectly.

So then I tried downloading the bible in epub format from project gutenberg and it too, only showed the first "chapter".

Could somebody else try this (either with kobo / borders on iphone/ipad/even the physical reader) and let me know if the same thing happens to them? Or am I missing something simple?

thanks!

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-25-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Deleted links to a pirate ebook site
zhoujianfu is offline   Reply With Quote