Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Friday's Question of the Day: Friday - the 13th!

I suppose that today would be a great day to do (or not do) something special. Like what?

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Today is a day for doing nothing special!

Gonna go pick up goggies from day-care in about 3 hours. Go home, pour myself a glass of red wine, feed goggies, take an hours evening walk with said goggies. Go back home, pour another glass of wine. Make a pepperoni and smoked ham pizza (Sarah Lee Pizza kit is the shit!). Eat pizza, watch "Midsomer Murders", have another glass of wine, fall asleep on couch.

A perfect friday night in other words
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Pizza! But only after donuts. And be sure to leave enough room for the goggies on the couch, too.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Pizza! But only after donuts. And be sure to leave enough room for the goggies on the couch, too.
Of course there is enough room for goggies on couch, we have two large couches in the living room. And we usually have a goggie in each of them when we watch TV at night
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ahhhh Midsommer Murders! they haven't been shown here in 3 or 4 years *pout*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
We have a Nor'easter impacting our area at present. I couldn't make it to work because of flooded streets. The roads looked like car graveyards with all the abandoned vehicles. The schools have been closed for the past two days, and since the two days before those were holidays (a teacher's day on Tuesday and Veterans' Day on Wednesday), our grandson is ecstatic! He told us, "I have a six-day weekend!!!"

I don't think we'll be going anywhere anytime soon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
FRIDAY the 13th???? Posh, what nonsense.

Now everyone knows that it's MONDAY the 13th that's bad luck. I mean MONDAY AND the 13th in one day?!?!? YIKES!

Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
We have a Nor'easter impacting our area at present. I couldn't make it to work because of flooded streets. The roads looked like car graveyards with all the abandoned vehicles. The schools have been closed for the past two days, and since the two days before those were holidays (a teacher's day on Tuesday and Veterans' Day on Wednesday), our grandson is ecstatic! He told us, "I have a six-day weekend!!!"

I don't think we'll be going anywhere anytime soon.
WOW!! Where in the Tidewater are you? My husband grew up in Newport News. The weather has been crumby here in NoVA but there hasn't been any flooding and the kid's are in school, well, not Ryleigh. She's still coughing from the croup so I've kept her home.

Because Ryleigh's not feeling well, we've just been staying at home and watching movies. We got the Pixar movie UP that just came out on DVD. We've watched it 4 times now (Ryleigh loves to watch movies over and over and over and over...). I'm starting to know the dialogue!

By the way, my oldest and much loved nephew was born on a Friday the 13th so I consider it a Lucky Day!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
WOW!! Where in the Tidewater are you? My husband grew up in Newport News. The weather has been crumby here in NoVA but there hasn't been any flooding and the kid's are in school, ...
I'm in Chesapeake and work at the shipyard in Portsmouth. In both cities, the schools are closed. Wavy 10 has some awesome photos on their website. At one point yesterday, they reported that one of their news vehicles got stuck on Effingham Street and they had to be rescued by the Fire Department in a boat!

By NoVA do you mean Norfolk, Virginia or Northern Virginia? You must mean Northern Virginia, because there was and still is extensive flooding in Norfolk, especially in the Ghent area.

Quote:
... well, not Ryleigh. She's still coughing from the croup so I've kept her home.
May she get well soon!

Quote:
By the way, my oldest and much loved nephew was born on a Friday the 13th so I consider it a Lucky Day!!
I have no idea how superstitions surrounding the number 13 got their start. There are thirteen stripes on the flag, thirteen original colonies, thirteen original members of Jesus' inner circle....

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-13-2009 at 11:31 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
I'm in Chesapeake and work at the shipyard in Portsmouth. In both cities, the schools are closed. Wavy 10 has some awesome photos on their website. At one point yesterday, they reported that one of their news vehicles got stuck on Effingham Street and they had to be rescued by the Fire Department in a boat!

By NoVA do you mean Norfolk, Virginia or Northern Virginia? You must mean Northern Virginia, because there was and still is extensive flooding in Norfolk, especially in the Ghent area.

May she get well soon! Thanks! She probably could have gone back to school, but since she's only in the 3rd grade, a little extra time out isn't going to hurt. Besides, I can always teach her what she needs to know. It is my profession, after all.

I have no idea how superstitions surrounding the number 13 got their start. There are thirteen stripes on the flag, thirteen original colonies, thirteen original members of Jesus' inner circle....
I had to look up your user message. If you are a Nephilium descendent, does that mead you are really tall?!?
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
because of the arrests of the Knights Templar on Friday the 13th
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
because of the arrests of the Knights Templar on Friday the 13th
That's one of a few theories. The only problem is that the superstition isn't mentioned in any texts prior to the 19th century. And even then it wasn't a popular subject until the early 20th century.

Last edited by Dylrob; 11-13-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
It's considered especially unlucky when Friday the thirteenth falls on a Thursday.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #14
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	fea4aaf3425a.gif
Views:	218
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	39123
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
It's considered especially unlucky when Friday the thirteenth falls on a Thursday.
that always freaks me out, personally.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote