Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Anyone know when???

I am wondering if anyone knows exactly when we can expect the software update 1.5? I know they said this month, but when????

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm waiting too, but the month isn't even half way over.....but I don't really think that the "improvements" are something that I can't do already with my rooted nook
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
My local B&N people say they have no info other than sometime at the end of the month.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
I am wondering if anyone knows exactly when we can expect the software update 1.5? I know they said this month, but when????

Marie
the original announcement said "late next month" (November)
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
jedema
jedema began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
I've held off on rooting my nook until I see the new software. If I find it lacking, then I will probably go and root it.
jedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
barrist
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedema View Post
I've held off on rooting my nook until I see the new software. If I find it lacking, then I will probably go and root it.
Unless you have one of the latest nooks which are harder to root.. the softroot is quite easy to do! Could be worth trying out until 1.5 drops
Old 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

If the 1.5 version has even half the features I have come to count on in the Nookdev version of nookLibrary, I'll buy another.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Keep in mind: with each new firmware supplied by B&N it's possible they close the option to downgrade the firmware. So it's possible, that once version 1.5 is installed, softroot isn't an option anymore.

Due to the new hardware revisions, which isn't compatible with previous stock firmware versions (bricks the newer devices), it's not unlikely B&N will close the downgrade option...
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
barrist
Enthusiast

Which means the best thing to do if you are ever thinking of rooting is to NOT install any B&N updates until nookdevs has a chance to look into its rootability.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #10
chas0039
Sceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrist View Post
Which means the best thing to do if you are ever thinking of rooting is to NOT install any B&N updates until nookdevs has a chance to look into its rootability.
This is exactly what nookdev says on their website. Thanks for reminding people as it is very hard to find anything over there.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
No exactly date, but we're guessing the weekend after Thanksgiving to get more people in the stores.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedifarfy View Post
No exactly date, but we're guessing the weekend after Thanksgiving to get more people in the stores.
Wouldn't the weekend before Thanksgiving be more likely? They'd want to have the new firmware in place for Black Friday.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #13
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I was thinking the same thing. I'm guessing right after the release of Nook color, be a nice one two punch for the Christmas season.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #14
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
I predict 21st.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #15
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A flyer from B&N here shows a 'Nook night' coming up on Nov 29th, that has as part of its agenda introducing the new features. They indicate to bring your nook and it being hands on, so should be before then at least.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote