Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
My new motto for internet posts and family gaterings. . .

I heard it on Fox and Friends a few weeks or so ago. Seems like good advice. Before speaking ask yourself these 3 questions. . .
  1. Does it need to be said?
  2. Does it need to be said by me?
  3. Does it need to be said by me, RIGHT NOW?

I've been trying to follow this advice. My internet and family life has been more peaceful, but somewhat boring. On the other hand, I may be back in the will of some of my older relatives.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A 'gatering,' huh?

Me, I prefer crocodiles.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I pondered the questions and...
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
...and back at the office.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Good lord! No word would ever again be uttered in the world if definitive 'yes' answers were required to all three of those questions before speaking.

If conversations need those kind of rules, I'm clearly at the wrong gatering in the first place.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
A 'gatering,' huh?

Me, I prefer crocodiles.

Don
I've always felt contempt for the "H". A lazy little bastard, that only aspires to emulate the results of a punch to the stomach, or cause the "T" to sort of sound like an "S", or the "G" sound like an "F"; yet has somehow wormed its way into all sorts of important English language words to the point where without the "H", they are unintelligible to hapless English speakers.

I say, ENOUGH "H", get your own sound!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Good lord! No word would ever again be uttered in the world if definitive 'yes' answers were required to all three of those questions before speaking.

If conversations need those kind of rules, I'm clearly at the wrong gatering in the first place.
Did you REALLY need to say that? NOW?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Did you REALLY need to say that? NOW?
No. I could have just as easily said it... NOW!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Are you joking? Everything I say has to be said, by me, and now.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Are you joking? Everything I say has to be said, by me, and now.
Clearly I meant if everyone were truthful and objective in the answering of the three questions.

Nothing has to be said... by me... right now, except maybe for; "pardon me, but your ass appears to be on fire." And even that depends on whether I want to be polite or not. A small ass-fire probably isn't lethal, after all.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Clearly I meant if everyone were truthful and objective in the answering of the three questions.

Nothing has to be said... by me... right now, except maybe for; "pardon me, but your ass appears to be on fire." And even that depends on whether I want to be polite or not. A small ass-fire probably isn't lethal, after all.
I think in such a case, it really depends on how the fire got started.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I heard it on Fox and Friends a few weeks or so ago. Seems like good advice. Before speaking ask yourself these 3 questions. . .
  1. Does it need to be said?
  2. Does it need to be said by me?
  3. Does it need to be said by me, RIGHT NOW?

I've been trying to follow this advice. My internet and family life has been more peaceful, but somewhat boring. On the other hand, I may be back in the will of some of my older relatives.

Good advice.

Too many people have a tendency to run off at the mouth with unwanted and unwarranted remarks.......simply to appear like a smart ass, when all they are displaying is bad manners.

Good for you.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I guess I just prefer the company of bad-mannered smart-asses then.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #14
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

I prefer to BE the smart-ass. . .

But the wealthier members of my family aren't getting any younger and if they remembered my charity in their wills, (The Society For The Redemption of Smart-asses) just think of the good we could do.

Edit: Oh Creepy! This is my 666th post on Mobile read.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #15
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Seems fitting, somehow...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote