Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
wmacphail@gmail.
wmacphail@gmail. began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Book
Returning a Kobo Vox

I preordered a Kobo Vox.
It should have shipped on the 28th.

Instead, I get an email saying it wouldn't ship until the 7th. So, I bought a Kobo at Best Buy since they had them in stock and cancelled my order. Of course, today, Nov 4, the Kobo arrives.

I called customer support. They said I had to ship it back. I explained it was not my mistake and that they should send me a courier envelope so I don't incur any expense.

Being escalated now. Will let you know how this gets resolved.
wmacphail@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
This has happened to several people--and no one had to pay for the return. Check for an earlier thread, please.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Or you could do the simple thing and return the one that you recieved to Best Buy. If it is unopened then it shouldn't be a problem.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
Or you could do the simple thing and return the one that you recieved to Best Buy. If it is unopened then it shouldn't be a problem.
I don't think you can do this. Even if it's the same colour, I believe they all have serial numbers that are tied to the purchase...(serial number on the outside of the box).
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I don't think you can do this. Even if it's the same colour, I believe they all have serial numbers that are tied to the purchase...(serial number on the outside of the box).
There is no serial numbers listed on the receipt when you purchase in store. As long as the unit is unopened they won't care. I have done similar things with other electronic items and never had an issue.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
There is no serial numbers listed on the receipt when you purchase in store. As long as the unit is unopened they won't care. I have done similar things with other electronic items and never had an issue.
I just checked my receipt, and you're right - it looks like just the product code is on the receipt (and I am guessing the product code is different for each colour).

The only other issue: I am just wondering if the Vox that is sent from Kobo has a serial number on the invoice? Could be a warranty issue with Kobo (if they compare serial numbers for any warranty work)?
Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I work for one of Canada's largest retailers and I can tell you that 99% of the cash registers/sales transactions out there don't record the SIN, that's why they want you to register devices/computers/software yourself once you open them. They record the UPC code at point of sale and that's about it. Apple is somewhat different, they do record the SIN but I've talked my way out of that once by arguing a mistake was made...(my mistake actually, I brought my daughter's broken iTouch in with the receipt for mine) They fixed my issue free of charge anyways.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone, Kobo Vox
Moderator told me to delete my comment because this forum doesn't support freedom of speech

Last edited by kikibay; 11-04-2011 at 11:22 PM.
kikibay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibay View Post
I hate Kobo! Worst company ever! BTW Darrell SUCKS big time. He has never responsed to me after the initial email!
Moderator Notice
Personal attack/insult posts violate our posting guidelines.

If you have a personal issue with another member, keep it out of the forums.

Continued posting of personal attacks/insults will lead to a temporary ban from posting at MobileRead.

The MobileRead Moderation Team

Last edited by dreams; 11-04-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added original post needing moderation
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #10
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
I hate Kobo! Worst company ever! BTW Darrell SUCKS big time. He has never responsed to me after the initial email!
DUDE...Darrell is being BOMBARDED with emails and phone calls. The fact that he even responded to your first email is very impressive, imo.

If you're unhappy with Kobo - fine. But, don't take it out on Darrell. He's been a real help to a ton of people on this forum...
Old 11-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
DUDE...Darrell is being BOMBARDED with emails and phone calls. The fact that he even responded to your first email is very impressive, imo.

If you're unhappy with Kobo - fine. But, don't take it out on Darrell. He's been a real help to a ton of people on this forum...
he has never responded to me
kikibay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
pokee
Fanatic

Kikibay - PM me. I can give you his phone number. Give him a call and state your concerns. Then you can start to post some nice things about him
Old 11-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Moderator told me to delete my comment because this forum doesn't support freedom of speech
Moderator Notice
No, you do not have any rights to "freedom of speech" here at MobileRead. This is a private community, and we REQUIRE that everybody abides by the rules of conduct laid out in our Posting Guidelines, the first rule of which is Discuss Things Politely.

Rudeness will not be tolerated.

Marc
MobileRead Moderation Team
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #14
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
FWIW, Darrell has worked tirelessly. Maybe he had the nerve to take a couple of days off. If he is reading the forum, he may just have decided to ignore you, at this point, kikibay.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote