Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #466
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
NixLapi, Blossom, how are you guys doing with "Wethering the Storm"?
66% - no spoilers, but just not loving this one as much.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #467
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
66% - no spoilers, but just not loving this one as much.
sorry to hear that...maybe the last 33% will change your mind?! I hope at the very least you are liking it.

ETA, any Chelsea M. Cameron fans [author of My Favorite Mistake and Fall & Rise series]? Her YA/paranormal 'Noctalis Chronicles' series, which is very highly rated, is on sale today for $.99 each for the first 3 books [the 4th and I think final of this series just released] Also available at Kobo and couponable!

Last edited by Blue2u; 08-22-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #468
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Got an email from B&N today saying I still had an item in my shopping bag. Given the odd message I got when I tried to order Always on My Mind I went to their site and the book does show like it is still in my cart.

So did a chat and the order was in fact done on August 16 (as the first emai I received that day indicated). But the charge had disappeared from my bank. She said that they charge at time of delivery, too. So I guess the pending charge the day I placed the order was just to make sure my card still worked or something. Anyway, no clue why the book shows as both purchased and still in cart/shopping bag/whatever. But I thought it was interesting that B&N does not actually process the charges for pre-orders until the release.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #469
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
There are a few good deals in today's RT's Cheaper by the Dozen. Happy to enable others!

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #470
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Any Virgin River fans (or not LOL) Robyn Carr's Wild Man Creek is free @ iTunes if you want to price match @ Amazon.
Thanks! I'm on book 10 or so, slowly making my way through the series. Much as I hate reading on iBooks, I'll take it, and maybe Amazon will price match so I can get it for my Kindle.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #471
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
NixLapi, Blossom, how are you guys doing with "Wethering the Storm"?

Blossom, look what turned up today, Connie Mason freebie "Highland Warrior"!
I didn't have that one. I haven't started the book yet. I want to but I went to sleep earlier last night due to a headache. Allergies have been acting up since the spray can incident. I am reworking the book I am writing just when I get it nearly finish Swagbucks goes and changes several things. I can't complain I've made $260 off of them so it's well worth it.

I'm like 15% into Rock Chick Revolution. If I can get past the Rewind part I think I can get more into it.

Edit: Nothing in the slushpile today. This is getting to be a trend.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-22-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #472
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Thanks! I'm on book 10 or so, slowly making my way through the series. Much as I hate reading on iBooks, I'll take it, and maybe Amazon will price match so I can get it for my Kindle.
That would be cool I have the bundle and the first audible of the series it's on my two read list. I've fallen so behind with hubby's surgery and his time off and now it seems real life keeps getting in the way of my reading. *pouts*
Old 08-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #473
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Anybody who was waffling about 'Tall Tatted and Tempting' by Tammy Falkner, just wanted to say that I'm between 1/3 to 1/2 way through it and I am loving it so far. What a pleasant surprise and unique story, and it's still $.99, also at Kobo too. I think book 2 comes out next week.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #474
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Anybody who was waffling about 'Tall Tatted and Tempting' by Tammy Falkner, just wanted to say that I'm between 1/3 to 1/2 way through it and I am loving it so far. What a pleasant surprise and unique story, and it's still $.99, also at Kobo too. I think book 2 comes out next week.
Aargh, I was all set to one-click and then I saw that it ends abruptly (not sure if it's a cliff-hanger or not, just that it just stops). I HATE that. I usually flat out refuse to buy books that do that. On the other hand, this sounds great and I love heroes with disabilities. I may have to break my rule just this once.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #475
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Aargh, I was all set to one-click and then I saw that it ends abruptly (not sure if it's a cliff-hanger or not, just that it just stops). I HATE that. I usually flat out refuse to buy books that do that. On the other hand, this sounds great and I love heroes with disabilities. I may have to break my rule just this once.
I stopped buying Moning's Fever books for that reason (hate cliff-hangers). Same for Caine's Weather Wardens. I refused to buy them until the series were done.

I only wish I'd never bothered to actually read Moning's Fever series - I really ended up hating how that ended.

Oops - got side-tracked. Anyway, if the next books is coming out in a week, that's not really so bad (unless it's another cliff-hanger, of course!)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #476
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
sorry to hear that...maybe the last 33% will change your mind?! I hope at the very least you are liking it.
I'm having some mixed feelings about it, and kind of wish I'd just left off with a HEA at the end of the first. Ah well! At least it was under $4! Sadly it and a couple of cook books blew my book budget for the month, so I'm not even bothering with the Kobo contest let alone any one-click sales.

Thank goodness for freebies (because a thousand unread books clearly is not enough!)
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #477
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I need help. I am in the middle of a back list title buying spree.

.99 cents, I sees them and I wants them.

Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #478
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post

But they're only 99¢

Sorry, been there, done that, have no way to help
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #479
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post

Backlist titles for 99 cents? Where?!?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #480
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Backlist titles for 99 cents? Where?!?
I can think of a lot of backlist stuff I wish were 99 cents.

Heck even $2.99-$3.99 would be nice instead of $6.99-$7.99.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote