Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
Kysmeth
Kysmeth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
PRS-600 and Adobe Digital Edition

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I could not find a related thread, so my apologies if this has been resolved.
I borrowed two ebooks from my local library, for which I needed Adobe Digital Editions. I didn't think it was a problem since I've had ADE, purchased a few books and transfered them with no issues.
My books downloaded with no problems, however when I plugged in my PRS600, it did not show up in Adobe.
I checked with the Sony E-Library and it shows fine there, just not in Adobe Digital Edition and I can't read my books
Has this happened to anyone else? Help!!!

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 10-01-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added prefix for testing
Kysmeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi Kysmeth, i've moved your thread to the sony forum where it will be more visible. i am sure someone will be able to help you out.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Kysmeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hi Kysmeth, i've moved your thread to the sony forum where it will be more visible. i am sure someone will be able to help you out.
Thank you
Old 10-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
siuwei
siuwei began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysmeth View Post
I am not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I could not find a related thread, so my apologies if this has been resolved.
I borrowed two ebooks from my local library, for which I needed Adobe Digital Editions. I didn't think it was a problem since I've had ADE, purchased a few books and transfered them with no issues.
My books downloaded with no problems, however when I plugged in my PRS600, it did not show up in Adobe.
I checked with the Sony E-Library and it shows fine there, just not in Adobe Digital Edition and I can't read my books
Has this happened to anyone else? Help!!!
Hi, I just did the same thing with my PRS600 but mine seems ok. Borrowed ebook from overdrive library, downloaded in ADE. Then with my ADE open, I plugged in my PRS600. A Device Setup Assistant prompt then appeared telling me that a mobile device has been detected and after that, I was able to transfer the ebook to my PRS600. Not sure why yours was not detected. Perhaps you may want to re-install the latest ADE and try again.

http://www.adobe.com/products/digita...er_sony_reader
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SP32-20091002-035208.gif
Views:	433
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	36761  
siuwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Did you register your reader or computer with ADE?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
Kysmeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Did you register your reader or computer with ADE?
Hi,
My computer is registered with ADE, but my new reader just cannot be detected by ADE.
My old 505 was detected as soon as I plugged it, but the 600 is just not detected. I uninstalled and reinstalled ADE, same thing.

One question though, which version of Sony EBook Library are you using? I had to revert to the 2.0 version because the 3.0 kept crashing whenever I tried to transfer books from the library to the reader... So let me know if those of you who are actually successful at seeing their PRS600 on ADE are using 3.0 Sony EBL.
I'll appreciate all the , because this has gotten so frustrating...

Thank you
Old 10-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I am using 3.0 of the Sony Library software but am not able to use it to borrow library books, I still use ADE for library books. I've looked and can't find any other settings in ADE needed to recognize the 600. Can to try different USB ports on your computer and if you have other USB devices plugged in to disconnect them in case there is a conflict.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Kysmeth

Hi all,
Problem resolved. I guess I had to install the latest version of EBL (3.0). Right afterward, I opened ADE and it detected the reader and the sd card in it right away.

Thanks everyone for your input!!!
Cheers
Old 10-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
rlaskey
rlaskey began at the beginning.

I've had about the same issue on the Mac, but the trouble is that even with EBL 3 on the Mac, ADE does not recognize the reader. It's a difference in how they have the drivers implemented, I'm guessing, but the end result is that EBL 3 botched the ADE auth for the reader, and the only way to get it working has been to use VirtualBox to run a copy of Windows XP and use ADE there.
rlaskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Mac version of EBL incorporated the ADE functionality, and that there was no need to use ADE at all?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
rlaskey
rlaskey began at the beginning.

It does. The trouble is that EBL 3 somehow got confused, and whenever it transfers ADE content to the device the "Protected Page!" error shows up. Was not fixable by removing all other content, as was posted in another thread, nor by any other means than by going to Windows.

Tried Sony support a few times, and while they were very nice, it's an undocumented case that I have and they haven't been able to figure it out yet.

I even attempted to remove EBL and ADE from my system to "reset", though I wasn't able to do so. Maybe there was still a file from ADE somewhere which I was missing, not sure.

Either way, the whole experience was/is not fun. My final take at this point is that the Mac version needs some work, and Windows seems to work better.
rlaskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #12
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaskey View Post
It does. The trouble is that EBL 3 somehow got confused, and whenever it transfers ADE content to the device the "Protected Page!" error shows up. Was not fixable by removing all other content, as was posted in another thread, nor by any other means than by going to Windows.

Tried Sony support a few times, and while they were very nice, it's an undocumented case that I have and they haven't been able to figure it out yet.

I even attempted to remove EBL and ADE from my system to "reset", though I wasn't able to do so. Maybe there was still a file from ADE somewhere which I was missing, not sure.

Either way, the whole experience was/is not fun. My final take at this point is that the Mac version needs some work, and Windows seems to work better.

This is actually an error by Overdrive, and they admit to it. According to Adobe's tech support, they are working on the problem with Overdrive.

I've never had any luck resolving the issue. My solution has been to remove the DRM, which I'm not thrilled about having to do.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote