Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-25-2023, 11:24 AM   #1
Dalva88
Dalva88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
All the books transferred from Calibre have disappeared on my Kindle !

Help !

My kindle library only shows the books I've bought directly from the kindle store on my kindle, but none of the books I've transferred from Calibre (format Mobi).

This is weird because the books are still in the memory of my kindle when I look it up in finder on mac (in kindle/documents).

This happened yesterday when I put it on wifi mode for the first time in a month. It also did this weird thing where it bought a book by accident, and I had to go in my order summary on amazon to cancel it . Maybe this is linked ?

Anyway, this is terrible because I really need my original files of those books just as they were on my kindle : I read multiple books at a time, and highlight all the important parts so that I can remember the story correctly when I come back to a book I haven't read in a while. This is especially important for series : I sometimes will have a break in a series of 10 books, and it's always been extremely useful to be able to read the important parts of a book I read a while ago before starting the new book in a series. This feature is the MAIN reason I got a Kindle. I have the real copy of all the books I read, and the kindle copy for this very useful reason.

Now I feel really lost as what to do, and how to get back all those books with my personal highlights, bookmarks, and reading placement.

Can somebody help ?
Dalva88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:44 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Check under documents, at least that is where my side loaded books are at.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:56 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
That sounds like the problem being discussed in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=354577
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 02:30 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@Dalva88 One copy of this message was enough, posting the same message in 4 forums is extremely annoying.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-25-2023 at 02:35 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:23 PM   #5
Dalva88
Dalva88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm sorry...I just didn't know where the proper place to post was.
But I do apologise for being annoying, I'm sorry about that.

I'm just heartbroken at having possibly lost all my books Highlights, bookmarks and reading progress...Reading is my happy place and I don't know what I'll do if I can't fix this. There's so many complex book series I've devoted years to that can only truly be enjoyed if you know their progress clearly.

I now have made a factory reset of my kindle, and am again able to send the original .mobi files to my device. I also made a backup of my kindle folder's content on my mac before the factory reset, and tried to transfer those files back after the reset.

Both files from Calibre and from my manual transfer now show up on my Kindle library but the ones I transfer manually do not have cover art, and neither have my highlight, bookmarks and reading progress. Even though I did transfer the clippings files and the .mdp files ;__;

If somebody a little more tech savy than me knows what I'm doing wrong, that would be of great help.
Dalva88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 01:17 PM   #6
davedeacon
Enthusiast
davedeacon began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite Kindle 5 11th gen 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
@Dalva88 One copy of this message was enough, posting the same message in 4 forums is extremely annoying.
Maybe they have four copies of all their books on the kindle and it's crashed with an out-of-memory problem...
davedeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 01:21 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It's not just annoying, it's a violation of forum guidelines.
A timely report will result in deletion/thread closure which will be better for everyone including the OP.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote