Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
where I can see and touch Kindle?

I live in Houston, a major metropolitan city. Is there a place where I can go and pick up and try out a Kindle reader?

If no, do you think Amazon will partner will borders/compusa/target/radio shack to allow this?
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K began at the beginning.

Device: None
Not that amazon has publicized. Borders has a deal to show Sony's ready which can give you an idea of the screen, but as far as Kindle-specific I think your only chance right now is to find someone else with one and check it out.
LwoodY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
I live in Houston, a major metropolitan city. Is there a place where I can go and pick up and try out a Kindle reader?

If no, do you think Amazon will partner will borders/compusa/target/radio shack to allow this?
I believe you can order one and play with it for one week. If you don't like it, just send it back. All you are going to loose in that case is postage costs, which will be a bit above the minimal because you will have to use recorded signed delivery.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote