Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Paperwhite frozen, but its okay now

I searched here and didn't find anyone having their Paperwhite freeze up them. This is my first Kindle anything that froze up on me.

I was doing a page turn and it didn't respond, and wouldn't respond to anything. So I had to hold the button I don't know how many times I finally got it to reboot last night.

Hope this isn't going to happen much. I haven't used it since, guess I will have to hope it doesn't. My old Sony use to do that.

Anyone else?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kindles do it once in awhile. All I own freeze one in a blue moon. I think it's due to running out RAM most times or a bad book.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Kindles do it once in awhile. All I own freeze one in a blue moon. I think it's due to running out RAM most times or a bad book.
Same here. It doesn't happen very often, but I think all of mine have froze at one time or another.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I had something similar happen to me, but it was due to an almost dead battery.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
It happened one time to my PW due to opening a bad txt file I guess.
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Never had one freeze on me, but I never send books by email or sideload, so maybe that's why.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Never had one freeze on me, but I never send books by email or sideload, so maybe that's why.
I loaded about 20 books plugged into my Calibre. That is when it happen. It is okay now.

Guess every once in a while you have to shut it down and reboot.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well my Paperwhite gave me a scare last night. I was reading and went to turn the light from 10 to 5 and it froze with the light setting menu on and then restarted itself.

I've never had a Kindle auto restart but have heard of it happening. It seems to be okay now but I am keeping an eye on it.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Some books have bugs and may cause Kindle to crash. Merriam Webster Advanced Learner Dictionary crashes at location 587,000 to 587,030. There may be other locations where it crashes that I am not aware of.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
Some books have bugs and may cause Kindle to crash. Merriam Webster Advanced Learner Dictionary crashes at location 587,000 to 587,030. There may be other locations where it crashes that I am not aware of.
I am see the PW restarts instead of freezing. It happened during changing the light setting. The Menu froze and the PW became non responsive then it rebooted. I am thinking it was just one of those bugs I always seem to find. It's the beta tester in me.

At least if it happens again I wont freak this time. Today It's restarted about 15 times but that was because I was trying to get the custom fonts to work. I finally did get it working. It's fine now. *crossed fingers*
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well my Paperwhite gave me a scare last night. I was reading and went to turn the light from 10 to 5 and it froze with the light setting menu on and then restarted itself.

I've never had a Kindle auto restart but have heard of it happening. It seems to be okay now but I am keeping an eye on it.
Mine has done this too, Blossom. So strange! At first I thought maybe an update was downloaded, but it wasn't that. I've no idea what caused it, but it was weird. Another odd thing that happens to me sometimes is the light will suddenly stop working. This happened on my earlier PW's too.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Mine has done this too, Blossom. So strange! At first I thought maybe an update was downloaded, but it wasn't that. I've no idea what caused it, but it was weird. Another odd thing that happens to me sometimes is the light will suddenly stop working. This happened on my earlier PW's too.
I had the no light happen when I open it with the case but not while it was unlocked. The first time freaked me out. I was like oh no did my light burn out but shutting and reopening fixed it. I think it's a magnet alignment issue.

As for the auto restart it does seem to be a bug causing a system crash. Hasn't happen again but I am more slow at adjusting the light now just in case.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #13
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
I had the no light happen when I open it with the case but not while it was unlocked. The first time freaked me out. I was like oh no did my light burn out but shutting and reopening fixed it. I think it's a magnet alignment issue.

As for the auto restart it does seem to be a bug causing a system crash. Hasn't happen again but I am more slow at adjusting the light now just in case.
It's only happened to me once. Hopefully it won't happen again. The light being off has happened to me a few times. I get paranoid about something going wrong with my PW and needing a *gulp* exchange.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
It's only happened to me once. Hopefully it won't happen again. The light being off has happened to me a few times. I get paranoid about something going wrong with my PW and needing a *gulp* exchange.
Yes me too. I love my PW and don't want to deal with color blobs, specs or scratches.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #15
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Yes me too. I love my PW and don't want to deal with color blobs, specs or scratches.
Exactly. The PW exchange merry go round is a scary place.