Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
drahnreb
drahnreb began at the beginning.

Searched: SONY Reader owners from Germany

Hi,

is there anybody from Germany who is a proud owner of a Sony Reader?

Where have you bought the Reader?
On which points must i pay my attention?
How did you solve the power supply (adapter to german 230V socket, etc)?

Have a nice evening

Bernhard is at the door
drahnreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
The Powersupply uses a standard figure 8 AC connection for which you can buy a suitable lead almost anywhere. The unit itself is rated for 110/240 50/60Hz meaning it will work throughout the world.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
friendly
Banned
friendly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 / iPad
iH Drahnreb, oh sorry, I mean: Bernhard Hi,
the power supply is no problem. I am German, got the reader on 7.11.2006. And I am happy ever after. It is like ultim8fury writes. Du kannst das Kabel vom Netzteil abziehen und eines mit “deutschem” Stecker anschließen. Diese Kabel haben die Form einer liegenden 8.
Battery life is excellent, only yesterday I charged the reader for the first time after the initial charge of course. On the other hand, the advertised page-turning-power of 7000 seems utter nonsense to me.
The reader came with a voucher for 50$. So for that amount of money you can order books for free. To use that you have to register which is a bit tricky. But you find an instruction here: New reader - where is the free credit for the store?
It worked fine for me. If you need any specific pieces of information feel free to ask.
Nice holidays!

Last edited by friendly; 12-22-2006 at 04:45 PM.
friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:05 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly
Battery life is excellent, only yesterday I charged the reader for the first time after the initial charge of course. On the other hand, the advertised page-turning-power of 7000 seems utter nonsense to me.
Not too far off, I suspect. I've not counted the number of pages I've read on a single charge, but it's certainly several thousand, even if not seven thousand. I read RTF files; it's been suggested that the battery life is shorter reading PDFs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #5
friendly
Banned
friendly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 / iPad
Hi Harry,
I didn't read PDFs, just RTF and LRFs. I read 2 novels and some bits and pieces here and there, so I guess altogether it might have been 2000 pages, at best 3000, but then there is quite a difference between 3000 and 7000 pages, I guess. Didn't listen to MP3s. Whatever, am more then pleased with battery life.
Friedhelm
friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert