Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Dell Axim x5 Need help

Okay I got this little machine I got ebook readers on it so far so good. What I wan to know is there a way to rid myself of the little menu items. There listed like clock., owner, appointmants messages task. I'm sure someone has to know how to make these go away. Please help me out thanks so much
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:46 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Okay, here goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skwerl View Post
Okay I got this little machine I got ebook readers on it so far so good. What I wan to know is there a way to rid myself of the little menu items. There listed like clock., owner, appointmants messages task. I'm sure someone has to know how to make these go away. Please help me out thanks so much
  1. Find "Settings" on your menu and click.
  2. Next, click on the "Today" icon on the "Personal" tab.
  3. Next, click on the "Items" tab.
  4. Uncheck the boxes for the items you don't want! (Which sounds to me like you want to uncheck them all).
  5. Click on the "OK" box (upper right-hand corner) when done, then "X" to close the settings menu.

You should now see...well...nothing! (but your background picture) on the screen now.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Sweet Thanks Fizzy That's just the way I want it.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Glad I could help (and - woo-hoo! - I got my first karma point ).

Now you've got me thinking about turning those off on my Axim. Do I really need to see my own name and phone number every time I turn it on?!

EDITED: Oops, I just noticed in my account that the karma point was from someone else. I'm still glad I could help, but I need to go find that other thread and thank them for my very first ever karma point.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 08-10-2008 at 05:21 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote