Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
Superphil
Enthusiast
Superphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo original.
Du Chaillu, Paul: Explorations and Adventures in Equatorial Africa. v1. 1st Dec. 201

From Wikipedia:Paul Belloni Du Chaillu (July 31, 1831 (disputed) – April 29, 1903) was a French-American traveler, zoologist, and anthropologist. He became famous in the 1860s as the first modern European outsider to confirm the existence of gorillas, and later the Pygmy people of central Africa. He later researched the prehistory of Scandinavia.

I took the 1861 version from Archive.org in pdf. i omitted several illustrations as I thought them to be childish in nature. I corrected some of the spelling and proofread the text, correcting the errors in my bad epub version of Google. His first language was French and this showed in some of the words he used. As it was written in 1861, many words used to describe the natives could be deemed to be offensive today.I have not included the appendix as I thought it to be uninteresting. This is my first ebook created with Sigil and calibre. I need feedback please to get better at it. I must point out that i have tried this ebook on my Kobo original device and it looks fine.I realize that this ebook falls short of the outstanding ebooks produced here, nevertheless, I am offering it as this explorer is not present on our site among all the books so far.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Superphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
hola!claude
Enthusiast
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4NT B
Thank you,
I appreciate a lot travel books,
this describes an Africa which is now disappeared and that is a very interesting aspect for me!

On my to-read list now
hola!claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
Superphil
Enthusiast
Superphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than mom

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Let me know how it looks on your device as I am curious.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:30 AM   #4
hola!claude
Enthusiast
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4NT B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Let me know how it looks on your device as I am curious.
It looks fine on my kindle 4nt even after a conversion in Calibre,
but I have to say that I'm not an expert in the art of formatting ebooks.
hola!claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
Superphil
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot for the feedback.
Advert