Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
HagaWaga
HagaWaga began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre: convert to PDF with page numbers

Hi,

I use Calibre to convert epub/mobi to PDF and then to print it and enjoy reading paper material.

I could not find and am wandering if there is an option in Calibre to add page numbers to converted PDF files. Most epub files I convert have to be adjusted (fonts, margins, etc.) and they come without page numbers. It becomes pain to write page numbers after printing it (in case I drop printed book).

Any help will be appreciated.
HagaWaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there is no way to add page numbers to PDF in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I had a little time, so I added an option to add page numbers to the next calibre release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
akarwesley22
akarwesley22 began at the beginning.

Smile add page numbers to PDF

I am also stuck in same situation like you. Few month ago i converted my EBook novel into PDF, as i want its print out and arrange them according to the page numbers, but i am unable to do so, then i tried demo of systools PDF bates Numberer which will smoothly add page numbers to my converted PDF pages.

Hope this will help you out
akarwesley22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarwesley22 View Post
then i tried demo of systools PDF bates Numberer which will smoothly add page numbers to my converted PDF pages.
Or the poster can wait until Friday, upgrade calibre and use the new feature Kovid has just stated he added to calibre to number the pages of his PDF during conversion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
HagaWaga
HagaWaga began at the beginning.

I will wait until weekend to see the outcome. It will be rather unbelievable positive experience if author added this feature in no time...
HagaWaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
The author, Kovid, as well as the whole development team, are extremely responsive. Unless there is unforeseen circumstances it will be in Friday's release, as he stated.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote