Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Lexuar
Lexuar began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba Libretto W100
touch-friendly multi-screen reader for win7

I am using the phenomenal Toshiba Libretto W100, which is a dual screen laptop/tablet type device.

I am looking for a software for Windows 7 that will display a (1 column) ePub in 2 columns on both screens. The software should also be touch-friendly (turn page by tapping screen).

Is there such a software?
Lexuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Looking at the screenshot, it looks like Windows recognises the screens as two separate displays and not a one display with the content stretched across both screens.

As that's the case I think you might find it difficult to find any software that displays across two separate screens in the fashion you are asking.

If you are able to find a way to get Firefox to stretch across both those screens then the EPUBReader add-on (see the dedicated section in this forum for it) can be set to display the epub content in columns (you can set it in the settings for as many columns as you like). It is also touch-friendly as you only need to tap the side of the screen for it to change page.

I use this on my Acer 1825PT convertable tablet and it works well for touch-screen use.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert