Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2021, 07:23 PM   #106
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
And the first video surfaces, even though it's not in English.

Edit: Removed the link. It doesn't replace the tutorial here, please don't use it to jailbreak your device!

Last edited by tryol; 03-30-2021 at 06:37 AM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:54 AM   #107
mnemonic
mnemonic began at the beginning.

Device: pw3, koa3
Thumbs up

no errors with Kindle Oasis 3 2019 WiFi 32GB (G000WM) and inital factory firmware version 5.12.1.1.
Only one step from video was not working, I had to install KUAL via ;log mrpi, because Kindle was deleting update bin file when I was opening settings menu.

So, jailbreak will survive update_kindle_all_new_oasis_v2_5.13.5.bin?
Can I update Kindle to last firmware version?
mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2021, 06:30 AM   #108
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post

no errors with Kindle Oasis 3 2019 WiFi 32GB (G000WM) and inital factory firmware version 5.12.1.1.
Only one step from video was not working, I had to install KUAL via ;log mrpi, because Kindle was deleting update bin file when I was opening settings menu.

So, jailbreak will survive update_kindle_all_new_oasis_v2_5.13.5.bin?
Can I update Kindle to last firmware version?
I didn't expect people to use the video, I've edited my message and removed the link. Thankfully it worked for you, but you should always use the Open Sesame thread and this one if you want to jailbreak your device.

I remember that somebody posted in this thread saying that their jailbreak survived 5.13.5. I still wouldn't recommend letting your device update freely because not yet released firmware versions might break the jailbreak. You should either keep your wifi off at all times or try the removing/renaming your OTA binaries with the method in the OP.

Last edited by tryol; 03-30-2021 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:03 AM   #109
mnemonic

OK, thank you. I see why KUAL installation from hotfix was not working, got my initial FW >= 5.12.2, so ;log mrpi was still theree. I used files from Open Sesame OP and checked steps one by one from video, it's quite nice and easy I must admit.

Checked new fw 5.13.5 (manual download via usb and update) on Kindle Oasis 3 G000WM, no problems, jailbreak is still there, just need to reinstall kual hotfix. I'm happy now, finally got koreader on Oasis 3!.

Last edited by mnemonic; 03-30-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #110
mnemonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
OK, thank you. I see why KUAL installation from hotfix was not working, got my initial FW >= 5.12.2, so ;log mrpi was still theree. I used files from Open Sesame OP and checked steps one by one from video, it's quite nice and easy I must admit.

Checked new fw 5.13.5 (manual download via usb and update) on Kindle Oasis 3 G000WM, no problems, jailbreak is still there, just need to reinstall kual hotfix. I'm happy now, finally got koreader on Oasis 3!.
i mean: got my initial FW <= 5.12.2
Advert
Old 03-30-2021, 08:18 PM   #111
jp12323
jp12323 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (Jailbroken)
Thanks again for releasing this jailbreak! Makes it easy to manage my library of epubs. It would've taken forever to convert everything to mobi and annoying to keep two versions of each webnovel/book in my Calibre library. Feels good to have all my books on KO2

No issues after a week of using the KO2 with the jailbreak

Last edited by jp12323; 03-30-2021 at 08:22 PM.
jp12323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:23 AM   #112
milkcaffine
milkcaffine began at the beginning.

Device: voyage, pw3,4 koa 1,2,3 kobo libra, forma
Thanks, my koa2 with 5.13.3 worked with jailbreak smoothly, and accidentally updated to 5.13.5 just after that but it was okay with kual hotfix. same with other people.
milkcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:25 AM   #113
Morozko
Morozko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Ran into some issues trying to install this jailbreak, specifically with the browser. Hopefully you can help?

1.) What device were you using?
Kindle Paperwhite 3 (G090KB)

2.) Which firmware version is on that device?

3.) What did the browser do when you navigated to kindlebreak.html?
Starts loading a page and then just stops, and the reload page button appears. Waited about 20 minutes, but nothing happened.

4.) Do you have a file called kindlebreak_log.txt in your USB's root directory? If so, what's in side it?
No file like this has appeared
Morozko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:39 AM   #114
Morozko
Morozko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Posting this as a reply, because I cannot edit my previous post. The reason it wasn't working was because I had images disabled for the browser. The second I enabled images, the jailbreak loaded perfectly. Thank you for this.
Morozko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:13 AM   #115
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Edit: Your reply showed up to me a few hours later than you originally posted it. I'm glad you've figured it out! I'll add your case to the FAQ.

Last edited by tryol; 04-01-2021 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:39 PM   #116
Flatline
Flatline began at the beginning.

Device: GEB 1150
This looks amazing.

Quick question... my KV is at 5.12.1. Would it be worthwhile to update it to 15.3.3 before jailbreaking and using renameotabin? Or are the "Various performance improvements and bug fixes" not worth the hassle?
Flatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #117
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
This looks amazing.

Quick question... my KV is at 5.12.1. Would it be worthwhile to update it to 15.3.3 before jailbreaking and using renameotabin? Or are the "Various performance improvements and bug fixes" not worth the hassle?
I'm not sure if there were any major changes between 5.12.1 and 5.13.3, but you can always update after doing the jailbreak and renaming the OTA binaries.

After putting the update file on your USB root, you can either restore the OTA binaries and update with the UYK button, or restart your device and let updater in your kernel do it. It shouldn't break the jailbreak as long as you have the hotfix installed.

Last edited by tryol; 04-04-2021 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:49 PM   #118
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
If I want to pay for an oasis 3 that is capable of being jailbtoken what are my options?

Wondering about just leaving the Amazon ecosystem completely for a kobo down the line considering I love love love koreader
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:04 PM   #119
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
If I want to pay for an oasis 3 that is capable of being jailbtoken what are my options?

Wondering about just leaving the Amazon ecosystem completely for a kobo down the line considering I love love love koreader
What country do you live in and what countries are you willing and able to order from?

In the US you can buy an Oasis 3 in store from Best Buy and very likely (almost certain for a bit more time) and get a jailbreakable kindle.

A very very recent Oasis 3 purchase direct from amazon was manufactured in March and was jailbreakable.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:17 PM   #120
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post

Here is the thread where the post is which (I assume) j.p.s was referencing. There are multiple posts of recently bought Kindles here.

If you end up buying one please share your results like we did!

Tags
5.13.3, exploit, jailbreak, kindle, kindlebreak