Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
jayhjay
jayhjay began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Removing books from device

I am sure this is a very stupid question, but is there a way to remove books from a device (nook) short of just deleting it out of the device folder on my computer? I know there is a "send to device" function in Calibre, but is there a reverse feature to take a book back off (aside from deleting it completely from Calibre)? I want to keep the books, I just don't need so many on my nook at once.

Thanks!
jayhjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Select the book in the device view and click the delete button (or hit the delete key on your keyboard).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
I don't know whether this will work on the Nook, but for my Kindle and Sony, you can press delete when viewing a book on the device and the book is deleted from the device.
slm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
OR
In the Library view:
Right-click
At the bottom is Delete...

One of the choices is Delete from device.
This is useful for deleting Unwanted duplicates or extra formats.
Note: UN-TICK the books you want to KEEP on the device.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
jayhjay
jayhjay began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
OR
In the Library view:
Right-click
At the bottom is Delete...

One of the choices is Delete from device.
This is useful for deleting Unwanted duplicates or extra formats.
Note: UN-TICK the books you want to KEEP on the device.
When I right click and select Remove books, my bottom choice is remove matching book from device. Does this only remove the book from my nook and leave it on Calibre? Or does it remove it from both?
jayhjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhjay View Post
When I right click and select Remove books, my bottom choice is remove matching book from device. Does this only remove the book from my nook and leave it on Calibre? Or does it remove it from both?
If iYou choose the "From device.." entry, then that is what it will do, ONLY.
If you just hit Delete, then it is from your Library and it leaves your device alone.
It takes 2 operations to kill both (I have replaced a book in my Library, with the Device copy after doing a really thing)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote