Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Knitters Unite!

Ok since now I'm totally addicted to uploading books, I thought I'd do something a little different, we'll see how it works.

I've put a knitting pattern on my Reader before, and it works really well. So I put two readily available knitting patterns in a little book and uploaded it. Let me know what you think.

I only have it in LRF now, if someone could tell me how to make a version for the kindle that would be stellar

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36711
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Oops. I honestly thought the thread was Knitters Untie! and I was really curious. Pardon me. Move along. Move along.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Dyslexics of the world, untie !!

sorry, what was that ? knitting, yes.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Dyslexics of the world, untie !!

sorry, what was that ? knitting, yes.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the way, since I'm here, there are few needle-sticking, -twisting, and -gouging and stuff like that kinda books (I know all the technical terms) here including:

-Webster, Marie D.: Quilts - Their Story and How to Make Them
-Higgin, L.: Handbook of Embroidery
-Wheeler, Candace: The Development of Embroidery in America
-Christie, Mrs. Archibald H.: Embroidery and Tapestry Weaving

I was also thinking of posting these titles which you can find at Project Gutenberg but I took Patricia's advice that they might not be particularly useful on eink readers (and me being a smart dog, I took her advice):

-MARY A. McCORMACK: SPOOL KNITTING
-CORNELIA MEE: EXERCISES IN KNITTING
-(no author given): THE LADIES' WORK-BOOK CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS IN Knitting, Crochet, Point-Lace, &c.

Okay, continue untying, please.
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
By the way, since I'm here, there are few needle-sticking, -twisting, and -gouging and stuff like that kinda books (I know all the technical terms) here including:

-Webster, Marie D.: Quilts - Their Story and How to Make Them
-Higgin, L.: Handbook of Embroidery
-Wheeler, Candace: The Development of Embroidery in America
-Christie, Mrs. Archibald H.: Embroidery and Tapestry Weaving

I was also thinking of posting these titles which you can find at Project Gutenberg but I took Patricia's advice that they might not be particularly useful on eink readers (and me being a smart dog, I took her advice):

-MARY A. McCORMACK: SPOOL KNITTING
-CORNELIA MEE: EXERCISES IN KNITTING
-(no author given): THE LADIES' WORK-BOOK CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS IN Knitting, Crochet, Point-Lace, &c.

Okay, continue untying, please.

I think Spool Knitting is up, but the other two knitting books sound awesome. Just upload them, I know I'll grab them

Thanks for the heads up on the others! I can't sew (hope to learn), but I know others would be interested in them
Old 01-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

FYI Patricia had to pull it down, since they are copyrighted by the yarn makers.

I still like this concept though, so if anyone sees any that would be OK to post let me know, or make a book yourself
Old 01-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Lilac, you might ask permission from the copyright owners to let you put them in ebooks. It's possible that they might only ask that you include their name or website listing in the ebook. Just a thought.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Lilac, you might ask permission from the copyright owners to let you put them in ebooks. It's possible that they might only ask that you include their name or website listing in the ebook. Just a thought.
It's worth a shot...we'll see what they say.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I've tried to learn to knit several times, and I just haven't had any success. And people have given me such fabulous yarn, too. I guess I'll have to stick to weaving.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I've tried to learn to knit several times, and I just haven't had any success. And people have given me such fabulous yarn, too. I guess I'll have to stick to weaving.
It takes a little while to get the hang of, but once you get it, it's like that whole riding a bike thing.

Weaving? That is a cool skill.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I just can't seem to manage to keep the tension even. The knitting keeps tightening up until I can't move the needles.

Weaving takes more (and bulkier) equipment, but it's loads of fun. I'm thinking of making a backstrap loom for portability.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I just can't seem to manage to keep the tension even. The knitting keeps tightening up until I can't move the needles.

Weaving takes more (and bulkier) equipment, but it's loads of fun. I'm thinking of making a backstrap loom for portability.
I had that problem - someone told me to use thick wool and thicker needles than the wool suggested, which is more or less working. Well, I can knit scarves now...

The only weaving I do is bead weaving. I'd love to do yarn weaving but I've run out of space for equipment (and time for new hobbies...)

As an aside, I misread the thread title as "kittens unite"
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Lion Brand has their free online patterns available as digital braille files in addition to the html versions. They might be amenable to the suggestion of making their patterns available in ebook formats as well.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I learned how to knit while on call as a resident. Haven't done much lately, though...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote