Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
wrightde
wrightde began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pandigital and Adobe Digital Editions Not working

Hi All,

For almost a year, I have been happy with my Sony PRS 900 with the exception of having to use the cover with the light in it for reading. I am an avid library user and the Adobe Digital Editions has been wonderful for library books. The bigget issue, I have had has been PDFs for techinical reading and reflow. I lose the anchoring of the digrams from the text. Hence, my new research....

I purchased a Pandigital white, yesterday from Kohls. Overall, the cost will be about $130...not bad. My PDFs aren't too bad for display; much better than the Sony but the Library books won't appear in the library. If, I put them into the ebooks directory, they ask for a credit card. If they continue to reside in the digital editions folder, I can't see them.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks....
wrightde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
did you register the machine to your Adobe Digital Editions acct?

I think the DRM thru Adobe is linked to accounts and you can have a certain number of computers or readers registered on one acct. Even though you bought 'em, if they're moved over to another machine that Adobe does not recognize as connected to you, they'll be encrypted.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
roweboats
roweboats began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital novel
same problem

I also bought the novel by pandigital. When I tried to copy the ebook to the ebook folder on the reader, it asks for a credit card. If I just copy it over using adobe digital editions, it puts it in a folder called digital editions on the reader. I have authorized the pc and the reader through the adobe program.

Any suggestions before I take it back?
roweboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
cjrenick
cjrenick has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Literati
Last night I downloaded a library book from Adobe Digital Editions. I actually have the same book on my Literati. I could not find it on my PND. I just sideloaded from my computer. Just dragged the ebook that was in my download folder over to the PND. Then it showed up in my library. Hope this helps.
cjrenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
Lifeguard
Lifeguard began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel 7" Black
Had the same problem. I discovered that I had to load Overdrive Media Console on my Pandigital Black. It will open the file but the text will not wrap around and extends over two pages. Must be a glitch with this version as others are experiencing the same problem. Are there any other 'free' ereaders available that will allow opening of coded library files.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote