Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
Veedeekay
Veedeekay began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo screen problems

Dear All, I am having a problem with my kobo screen. It has part of a book cover on it and a black small box. i tried a reset but it doesnt change anything.

I would appreciate assistance please

Thanks

Veedeekay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo3.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	123552  
Veedeekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Sorry for the bad news, but it looks like you have a broken substrate - your screen is broken and it can't be fixed.

The screen will have to be replaced (if under warranty), or you will need to buy a new Reader.

Did you drop your Reader?

You DID invest in a protective case, didn't you?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
Veedeekay
Veedeekay began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo screen problems

I didnt drop it and it does have a case. It was a gift so I dont have any documentation. Thanks for the help. I will read from the computer because I cant afford a new device.
Thanks again.
Veedeekay
Veedeekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
It doesn't have to be dropped - a twisting or bending force can break it. The screen substrate is very thin glass.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote