Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #31
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Yep. They are expensive, but at the same time they are beautiful pieces of work as well.
Fairly priced for what they are.
I've gifted a couple as Xmas gifts over the years.

But for my own daily use I tend to go with the cheapest black pleather I can find on Amazon or eBay; they get too much use to go with handcrafted leather. I need beaters, not artwork.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh....DecalGirl does have black and white for the Glo and the Mini. Cool. I may have to order those. I have a home made one on my black Glo but it's not straight.
I bought a decal girl skin once. It was a disaster. Never again. I'm not coordinated enough to install one. I prefer black cases unless it's my phones then it's purple. Makes it easier to find.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Yep. They are expensive, but at the same time they are beautiful pieces of work as well.
I think I've posted pictures of all my Oberon covers here at one time or another, but I don't have the patience to search for them all, as I must have mentioned Oberon upwards of a kazillion times on this website. Here's my all-time favorite, though. It's the one I'm still using on a daily basis. Unfortunately, Oberon has discontinued this item. Major .

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=42
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #34
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
A nice cover is part of the pleasure for me too�� So far, i've found the Amazon leather covers perfect. (Newest is for PW2). There are several rich colours to choose from, with a muted dark grey felt inside. They feel nice to hold when folded back, and are not at all distracting.

I had a gorgeous pink leather cover with my Sony 505 - loved it. I haven't seen the kindle voyage origami cover in person, but i have reservations, based on the pictures. They don't seem bookish enough.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #35
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I bought a decal girl skin once. It was a disaster. Never again. I'm not coordinated enough to install one. I prefer black cases unless it's my phones then it's purple. Makes it easier to find.
I always just get a teenager to install mine. Isn't that what they are for?
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I always just get a teenager to install mine. Isn't that what they are for?

I don't know of any. It's Just me and hubby.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #37
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Ah. My kids are grown, but there are teens at church or the library.
Be creative.
It makes them feel like they are doing a good deed, so generally they are glad to lend their young eyesight and coordination.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #38
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I have an Oberon case for my Sony.

My Kobo mini has a case which was supposed to be a dark purple, but is actually lavender. Oh well.

The case for my Nexus 7 is a bright pink. I am not really a fan of pink, but I wanted a case that doubled as a stand for both landscape and portrait mode and my only choices were pink or black. I know there are a lot of cases available for the Nexus (far more than for the Sony or Kobo). But a lot of them seem to fit very close and do not offer protection for the corners. The main reason I want a case is to protect the device if it falls, so having one that protects the corners was important to me. I bought my case at Staples but here is the link to the same one at Amazon (sorry I don't have any pictures of it on my device).
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Ah. My kids are grown, but there are teens at church or the library.
Be creative.
It makes them feel like they are doing a good deed, so generally they are glad to lend their young eyesight and coordination.
Don't go to either place here. I just stay in my apartment and occasional go to the store every few months. People here are not friendly like back in TN Especially young people. I am trying to get hubby to install a screen protector on my Fire Phone. He keeps putting it off.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #40
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Don't go to either place here. I just stay in my apartment and occasional go to the store every few months. People here are not friendly like back in TN Especially young people. I am trying to get hubby to install a screen protector on my Fire Phone. He keeps putting it off.
If you weren't so far I'd loan you my 20 year old. He is always helping people in the neighborhood, people from school, shoot, even the Walmart Deli lady, with any electronics/computer issues. Well, really he will help with just about anything. I taught him from a very young age that it is important to help people. I guess some of what I taught him sunk in! Now if I could just get him to clean his room.........
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #41
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Jaeyun , I really like your ebook cover, Very Creative

Last edited by Wearever; 12-28-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:57 AM   #42
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Jaeyun that ereader cover looks absolutely immaculate. And I love how you went on your way to customize the look of your ereader to your liking. I usually don't mind the corner straps though. Haha. Is the book smelling spray can for real? Wow.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #43
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I was bummed when Oberon stopped selling sleeves for e-readers and the I-Pad. I prefer the sleeve the a cover, but that is me.

K1 is in an Oberon Red Cloud Dragon Cover
K3 is in a Purple something (I gave it to my Mother In Law and can't remember)
DXG is in a Oberon Purple Sun
Kindle Paper White is in a Brown Oberon Celtic Hounds Sleeve
iPad is in a Brown Oberon Celtic Knot cover

I like Oberon but I want a sleeve for my iPad
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #44
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I was bummed when Oberon stopped selling sleeves for e-readers and the I-Pad. I prefer the sleeve the a cover, but that is me.
Me, too. The Kindle sleeves rocked. I'm glad I got in under the wire.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:39 PM   #45
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeyun View Post
To all of the people who read in the bathroom, who read on the bus, who read on the train, who read in the doctor's office, who read on break at work, who read while not on break at work, who read simply because the idea of not reading is too much to bear.

There once was a time when books were huge, weighty things. We bought them for their stories, but also for their visual appeal. They smelled wonderful, looked wonderful, and lined along four walls in a small house gave the illusion that one was in a library.

Those days are slipping away. And after several moves I welcome the change. Having an E-Ink reader has been so convenient that it was easy to let go of the physical in favor of the digital. But while the conveniences were worth donating a thousand paperback books to the local library I find myself desperate to recreate the book experience. I won't go back to paper, but I do miss it. I'm only human, after all.

And so I bring you the Ereader Fashion Show. Showcased below is my favorite of all the Ereaders. The Sony PRS-T1. Combining two covers, and buying skins from Decal Girl it gives me the bookish feel I'm looking for. Granted, the cost of doing this exceeds the value of an older Ereader, but a bibliomaniac's madness knows no reason. Let me know your thoughts. Post your own pictures if you like.

Now if only I could recreate that new book smell. Dead trees, book glue, and whatever else they used to make a book stay together was always a wonderful thing to smell.

Merry Christmas!!!!
That's an absolutely gorgeous cover. I love it.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote