Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
wpeace
Seer
wpeace began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WP7 Pocket PC/SmartQ7/Pocket Pro/A5A iPad Streak 5
Battery no longer holds charge

Seems after a year the battery in my EZReader Pro no longer wants to hold a charge. If I leave it on for over 24hrs its dead. Only a full recharge gets me back up and operational.

I recall very early on I could purchase the battery, but can't seem to locate it. Any guidance from the forum (i.e., part number and vendor)?
wpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
As I recall the EZReader basic and EZReader Pro both use a commonly available Nokia phone battery but I don't have the model number. You might check the Hanlin forum.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I looked in the Hanlin forum and it said Nokia Bl4c, Bl5c
Old 11-02-2010, 02:14 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
As I recall the EZReader basic and EZReader Pro both use a commonly available Nokia phone battery but I don't have the model number. You might check the Hanlin forum.
The pro doesn't actually use a nokia battery. Could contact Astak and try your luck if they are selling batteries still. Not sure if they will ship overseas but here in Aus we can buy them from http://bebook.net.au/products/Batter...Mini-62-7.html (bebook reseller). Kind of stupid having an ereader with a user replaceable battery when you find it hard to get hold of one.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeace View Post
Seems after a year the battery in my EZReader Pro no longer wants to hold a charge. If I leave it on for over 24hrs its dead. Only a full recharge gets me back up and operational.

I recall very early on I could purchase the battery, but can't seem to locate it. Any guidance from the forum (i.e., part number and vendor)?
Our support team definitely still has batteries. Sounds like you need a replacement! Make sure to email support@astak.com or call 408-452-8788 today between 9-5 PST. They will know what to do.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
The pro doesn't actually use a nokia battery. Could contact Astak and try your luck if they are selling batteries still. Not sure if they will ship overseas but here in Aus we can buy them from http://bebook.net.au/products/Batter...Mini-62-7.html (bebook reseller). Kind of stupid having an ereader with a user replaceable battery when you find it hard to get hold of one.
My error. I was mixing up the Pro and the Plus. I am used to calling the Pro, the Pocket Pro and didn't make the connection. The Pocket Pro battery indeed is available from Astak.

Dale
Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #7
wpeace
Seer

As am I.

Thanks Jenifer and Dale. I'll give them a call. Hopefully this will be a quick fix. I'm not use to keeping my Pocket Pro on a charger.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #8
wpeace
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
That's the one! I'd recognize it anywhere
Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
wpeace, were you able to receive help from our support team?
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
wpeace
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
wpeace, were you able to receive help from our support team?

Thanks for asking jenifer, I've (unfortunately) been too busy to call yet. Keeping the ezreader pro on my bb charger in the interim. It seems to be the only thing that will charge it for the moment.

Hopefully I can make that call next week.