Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
downloading books from Kobo

So I'm pretty close to biking over this morning and buying the PRS350 but I have a question of ease of downloading books from the Kobo site.

I know I have to have the ADE software which I downloaded last night but it looks a bit complicated in the step by step instructions provided by Kobo. Is it easy? am I making it out to be more complicated than it actually is and is there any corruption in readability?

I'm leaving in about 2hours if i take the plunge so thanks in advance

P.S. I also pre-ordered the new Kobo2 but wanted to give myself time to play with the 350 to see if I'd prefer it more
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Once you download ADE you will need to create an Adobe ID, this can be done through ADE. Next you will need to register the PRS350 with your Adobe ID, I believe also done through ADE.

Now, after purchasing a book from Kobo there should be a download link which should automatically open the book in ADE. If not, it may display a list of programs to use to view the ebook and ADE should be on that list.

Once the book opens in ADE it is a simply drag and drop to get the book onto your 350.

Alternatively, the Sony software can be used to perform these same functions but if you are not sure about keeping the 350 then stick with ADE for now.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Once you download ADE you will need to create an Adobe ID, this can be done through ADE. Next you will need to register the PRS350 with your Adobe ID, I believe also done through ADE.

Now, after purchasing a book from Kobo there should be a download link which should automatically open the book in ADE. If not, it may display a list of programs to use to view the ebook and ADE should be on that list.

Once the book opens in ADE it is a simply drag and drop to get the book onto your 350.

Alternatively, the Sony software can be used to perform these same functions but if you are not sure about keeping the 350 then stick with ADE for now.
Thanks I actually took the plunge and bought the 650 tonight but the process should be the same?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
Provincial
Provincial is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Yes, I have the 650 and it is the same process.
It took me about 15 minutes including getting everything set up to remove the DRM, but then I am a techie so you may take a little longer.
Provincial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provincial View Post
Yes, I have the 650 and it is the same process.
It took me about 15 minutes including getting everything set up to remove the DRM, but then I am a techie so you may take a little longer.
I just transferred my 1st book easy peasy...I'm staying away from the DRM stuff as I don't really understand it yet ...

lol..I kind of a techie but more like troubleshooting your internet connection kinda techie hopefully I'll be a semi-pro soon though

The 650 is so awesome too Im so glad I bought it and returned my Kobo
Advert