Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #1
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Openlipc

Being fed up with executing lipc files through exec calls from my c programs I wrote a stub for openlipc.h. A header for liblipc. Now it will be possible to call some lipc functions directly from c programs, like setting some lipc properties, reading them or sending lipc events.
As a POC I also recreated lipc-set-prop, lipc-get-prop and lipc-send-event programs. These are not exact copies, I skipped some params checking, multiple tries to send event, etc. I just wanted to use all the lipc functions in these examples, so that it would be clear how to use them.
You will find source code on my github.

I am also attaching compiled binaries.
Attached Files
File Type: zip openlipc.zip (7.0 KB, 112 views)
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Lets see... how tough would a python binding be...
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
That's great, thank you, baf! I think we might steal from that header file for use in KoReader in a LuaJIT FFI binding.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Swig rocks. PULL REQUEST AWAY!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
aditya3098
Guru

Again, how the heck do we compile this again? LD complains about not finding -llipc. Do I have to get some other stuff off the kindle? Maybe pull and .so or two?

P.S: I again said again twice, again.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Where are you compiling? Crosscompiling, perhaps? Then you would need to provide the library to your crosscompiler to link against it. When not in a standard library search path of ld, you might need to give the -L parameter to point to the directory where the .so can be found. Note that you might need the .so plus some of the symlinks pointing to it, depending on its SONAME (an ELF file property).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Again, how the heck do we compile this again? LD complains about not finding -llipc. Do I have to get some other stuff off the kindle? Maybe pull and .so or two?
Sure. liblipc.so
Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
That's great, thank you, baf! I think we might steal from that header file for use in KoReader in a LuaJIT FFI binding.
Great! Hope you will find it useful
Old 10-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
It sounds really interesting...I'll check the source asap (I'm a bit busy ATM...).
In the meanwhile....could it be useful for WAFs? Maybe setting up some events before running a WAF than, from inside the WAF, trigger those events...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Where are you compiling? Crosscompiling, perhaps? Then you would need to provide the library to your crosscompiler to link against it. When not in a standard library search path of ld, you might need to give the -L parameter to point to the directory where the .so can be found. Note that you might need the .so plus some of the symlinks pointing to it, depending on its SONAME (an ELF file property).
From that, i figured:

I need to cross compile the app using a cross compiler and have the .so in the linking step.

Okay. Back to cross compiling.

BTW can I use tcc?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Whee! Awesome .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #12
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
I wonder what actually is lipc ?
Is it anything more than plain DBus ?
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:21 AM   #13
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
I wonder what actually is lipc ?
Is it anything more than plain DBus ?
Yes. It is mostly d-bus plus glib hash tables protected by mutexes
Old 10-25-2013, 03:23 AM   #14
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
It sounds really interesting...I'll check the source asap (I'm a bit busy ATM...).
In the meanwhile....could it be useful for WAFs? Maybe setting up some events before running a WAF than, from inside the WAF, trigger those events...
This is rather meant as a shortcut for developers writing their programs in c/c++.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #15
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
BTW can I use tcc?
I never used tcc. Give it a try