Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Question about magazine subscriptions

Does B&N charge you every month for a magazine, even if a new issue doesn't come out?

I got a free trial to Analog Science Fiction and Fact, and the current issue (which came out in early November) was a double issue, meaning the next issue won't come out until January. But I just got charged $2.99 from B&N even though I haven't purchased a book since October, and that was $14.99. There's nothing new that downloaded when I synced, and nothing new under "My Nook" on the website.

So did I get charged for nothing?
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
Does B&N charge you every month for a magazine, even if a new issue doesn't come out?

I got a free trial to Analog Science Fiction and Fact, and the current issue (which came out in early November) was a double issue, meaning the next issue won't come out until January. But I just got charged $2.99 from B&N even though I haven't purchased a book since October, and that was $14.99. There's nothing new that downloaded when I synced, and nothing new under "My Nook" on the website.

So did I get charged for nothing?
You are not paying per copy. You have a subscription that you are paying per month, and that you can cancel any month.
You can compare it to a regular subscription, but instead of paying for a whole year at once, you pay per month.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
You are not paying per copy. You have a subscription that you are paying per month, and that you can cancel any month.
You can compare it to a regular subscription, but instead of paying for a whole year at once, you pay per month.
Got it. I thought I was being charged per issue, and would not be charged again until the next issue came out. Kind of annoying since I was still deciding whether or not to keep my subscription (haven't finished reading the issue yet), but oh well. I basically paid $3 for this issue so it's not a huge deal, in print it would be $6.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote