Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-18-2015, 02:11 PM   #1531
Ruskie_it
Addict
Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Ruskie_it can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle 4 NT, Cybook Odissey
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChimes View Post
I've had LOTS of hardware issues, weird crashes, etc...
Maybe she got it from a third party, who covered a PW1's hardware in a PW2 case, so they could get more money.
Everything's possible, but I wonder why on earth one would have to do so. To do so he/she would have to have a spare intact PW2 case which I don't know where he would have got, or a (working or not) PW2 which he should have broken open alongside with a PW1 just to made the switch, only to squeeze how much? 20 bucks more out of it?
Additionally, remaining with a PW2 kindle in the case of a PW1.
Additionally, selling it to unexperienced person who probably doesn't even know the difference.
This makes no sense to me, it doesn't look he would have get an advantage worth the trouble.
Plus, I've seen a picture of the two cases, I don't see that much of a difference honestly, how can you say it's a PW2 case?
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #1532
HannahChimes
HannahChimes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Everything's possible, but I wonder why on earth one would have to do so. To do so he/she would have to have a spare intact PW2 case which I don't know where he would have got, or a (working or not) PW2 which he should have broken open alongside with a PW1 just to made the switch, only to squeeze how much? 20 bucks more out of it?
Additionally, remaining with a PW2 kindle in the case of a PW1.
Additionally, selling it to unexperienced person who probably doesn't even know the difference.
This makes no sense to me, it doesn't look he would have get an advantage worth the trouble.
Plus, I've seen a picture of the two cases, I don't see that much of a difference honestly, how can you say it's a PW2 case?

Mine has the amazon logo.
HannahChimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:12 PM   #1533
HannahChimes

Good news though, I finally got it working again, (after reinstalling 3 times)...
Old 03-18-2015, 04:06 PM   #1534
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChimes View Post
Well it is...
- - - -
Sorry, not possible.
The packages are model-locked and the locking is cryptographically protected.

Go to settings, look up the device's serial number, compare the first four characters with the name's in this table:
http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

That is the model of hardware inside the case, no possible chance that it is any different.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:50 PM   #1535
HannahChimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sorry, not possible.
The packages are model-locked and the locking is cryptographically protected.

Go to settings, look up the device's serial number, compare the first four characters with the name's in this table:
http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

That is the model of hardware inside the case, no possible chance that it is any different.
Okay, I get it.
I looked up the exact measurements of everything:
I have a PW1 (WiFi Model), the only thing wrong with it is that someone replaced the back panel, and now it has the Amazon logo rather than the Kindle logo.

Not sure why they did, maybe it was broken, maybe to make it seem newer, I don't know.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #1536
samhfoley
samhfoley began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
I have the following Kindle
B017, 9017 Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi (4GB) PW2, PW2IL So far, spotted in Europe, USA & Canada [Support added in KindleTool 1.6.3]

I was jailbroken and had the screensaver hack enabled and Cover mode was working. Then somehow my Kindle upgraded to 5.6.1.0.6 and the cover mode no longer works.

I can still open Kindle launcher and some tweaks such as battery percentage still work fine. I would like to have cover mode again if possible. Any way to get it to work? Thanks in advance
Sam
samhfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:45 PM   #1537
eschwartz
Suspended
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Reinstall the screensavers hack. Use MobileRead Package Installer (KUAL extension), since the latest firmware is incompatible with the old update.bin-deposit-in-root-of-userstore approach.

After ANY firmware update, all hacks distributed as update.bin files must be reinstalled. This will generally not be necessary for KUAL and KUAL extensions.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch