Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #421
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
Like a walk in the park...

Like a walk in the park...

Clovis was perplexed by the slightly carniverous chickens with Rumanian accents, and was very earnest in his desire to make progress toward his brother's release. So, fittingly, he offered to help is dissuade the chickens from re-forming and consuming the crew. To that end, he employed a technique that he learned part from his brother, and part from the local gendarmerie.

Clovis plucked a rather solid fence post from the ground near the hobbled dirigible and proceeded to work out various sublimated issues that he had felt -- well, since childhood, I guess. He applied the fence post to good effect and in short order, the chickens were reduced suitably to various cogs, gears, wires, doodads, geegaws, and other unrecognizable bits and pieces. As the chickens reached the same equilibrium as a dime-store alarm clock, Clovis noticed various pieces and parts of chicken.

I tried to warn him. I said "Clovis, I wouldn't eat that, if I were you." His response is un-printable, as I didn't understand what the heck he said myself, but the look was quite clear: "you stupid city-folk don't know nothing about country livin'..." He promptly wretched up the chicken bits, nuts, bolts, wire, and maybe some of his last meal, for all I know.

"Now Clovis, you see, you used that double negative again. You CLEARLY indicated that we DID know something -- if not about country cuisine then at least the advisability of eating zombified, mummified, putrified, and deep fried borgish chicken."

[Clovis] "What?" followed by a mournful "bluh-bluh-blooooooghp"

It wasn't pretty.

However, Clovis seemed to feel better afterwards, whether it was the projectile evacuation of borg or the physical workout that he indulged in beforehand. He especially seemed to like that, smiling happily as he wacked and walloped bits and pieces. He looked a little remorseful afterwards, asking if he was in trouble for breaking our clock, but I assued him that no harm was done and that the pieces/parts would shortly begin to sort themselves out and start re-forming into chicks, then chickens, then rats with wings, and finally back into a large chicken, probably bent on the destruction of mankind. He took the last cheerfully.

[Clovis] "OK! As long as I'm not in trouble. Can we go get Tiny now?"

We picked through our belongings -- anything that we thought would be useful on our trek for liberation.

Dave picked and chose through a collection of orbish objects... some small, some larger, some bright and shiny, some dull and matt. After hemming and hawing, he had a nice collection of golf ball to softball-sized objects. He picked a largish one out and put some heavy-rimmed owlish sunglasses on it, along with a dark toupee. He pronounced it "Roy". He said, "This is Roy, my orb-ish one." Then he tried to sing. Am punched him in the arm until he stopped.

Geoff noticed several species of edible mushrooms, and spent some time collecting morrels, porchini, and yellow-leg. He almost Blewit. Morrel of the story, according to Geoff: "Hey, I'm a fun guy!" Nobody laughed when HE said it, either.

Pshrynk picked a couple of card decks up, and proceeded to stack them into cold-decks. He said it would ease our funding crisis. He wonders why I play for toothpicks.

Am was looking through the chocolate collection, "just in case" -- although we've got more cases of chocolate... is there really time for this? "There's always time for good chocolate".

KK found a cricket bat somewhere, and proceeded to warm up.

Deb selected a couple of pair of spike heels but wouldn't tell us what for. "Is that all you're gonna take?" "I got everything I need right here," raising both arms and holding her fists aloft. I had no idea what she meant, but it looked good. I didn't know she had a whip along with her circular throwy-thing. She spent the rest of the time doing wind-sprints up and down the included fuselage.

WD(E) had the best preparation... he found some shade, turned around three times, stretched out and said "wake me when it's over."

Me? I took a box of toothpicks, some gum, an old Coke bottle I found, some twine, a safety pin, a rusty jackknife, the bottle top, and a tube of Brylcreme. I'm nothing if not resourceful. Plus, I had a .45 and several magazines of ammo. Just in case. You can get a lot further with a smile and a gun than with just a smile.

We found an old box and put the bits and pieces of clockword orange chicken in it. May as well keep everything together.

Everybody ready? Did you go to the bathroom one last time? Well, try. OK, let's go.
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:59 AM   #422
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
up up and awayyyyyyyyyyy ........
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #423
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
We found an old box and put the bits and pieces of clockword orange chicken in it. May as well keep everything together.

Jeesshh....a vellow just asks a crew member for some mint sauce, and the next fing you know you've been transmogrified into a vampiric Borgified giant chicken clock hell bent on destroying the vorld! And a sssmall crew of a damaged dirigible.
And then...just vhen you're getting acquainted with your new crew mates and sssharing a vew drinks, you're bashed, eaten & then spewed by a mutant whatever named for either pasture flowers or an ancient king.

Hmmmm...could be vorse I guesssss. At least the captain vorgot to ssshine the sun lamp on me.

Okie dokie now. Letssss sssseee what's in the box.

"You put your right foot here,
you find your left foot there,
you find your red eyeball,
and you clean it up with care.
When it glows real red,
put it back into your head,
and now it's ready to wear!"

Ohhhhh...what's this squishy bit? Don't think it's chicken. Hmmm....must assimilate new biological diversity. Ohhh look ... more squishy bits - and some metal thingies from Deb's belt. .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote