Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
More free ebooks coming from Tor

Just got this in my email:

Quote:
In the coming days we’ll be announcing other new original material on Tor.com, including more original fiction and art and new e-book giveaways. Some of these offerings will be available only to people who register on the site itself, so if you haven’t done so already, consider signing up right now. It takes only a couple of minutes and it’s entirely free.
This came with link to Shade, a short story by Steven Gould. I really enjoyed the short story. I just hope they get their act together regarding ebooks sooner rather than later.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
More free stuff? Those bastards!
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
More free stuff? Those bastards!

Tor - excellent news!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
They darned well better! I finally read all of the first batch, and actually had to PURCHASE an ebook yesterday. Haven't had to buy much at all in months and months.

BTW, I need to give praise to ebooks.com for their excellent customer service. I bought Janet Evanovich's "Three Plums in One," a compilation of the first three books in the series. Downloaded it in Mobipocket, just to try out the reading software with my limited vision. Couldn't see it very well, didn't seem to work right for my eyes.

Although they very specifically state that once you buy a book, then you better not complain... well, I wrote to customer service and asked nicely if I could get the book in Adobe. Explained my vision problem and that I know for certain that I can blow up stuff big and bold in Adobe.

Today, I had an email from ebooks.com that they had put the Adobe version into my download queue. Downloaded it, and it is perfect. I have to say that the speedy and professional customer service experience was unlike anything I've dealt with in quite a while. Terrific!

Last edited by DixieGal; 08-26-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: ..... NOBODY TELL TAYLOR! .....
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Just got this in my email:

This came with link to Shade, a short story by Steven Gould. I really enjoyed the short story. I just hope they get their act together regarding ebooks sooner rather than later.
any chance you could post the link? i deleted the email w/o seeing that
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdmanley View Post
any chance you could post the link? i deleted the email w/o seeing that
It is on the front page of TOR's site.

http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=...=story&id=4231

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
It is on the front page of TOR's site.

http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=...=story&id=4231

Jason
thanks! is it a short story or just an exerpt?
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
It's a short story, though I'm hoping Gould will write several more and publish them as a collection.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote