Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
Two font questions

Hi all, I've installed the font hack and am using a modified Georgia font. I wonder if it's possible to have an in-between font size? For example, size 3 is too tiny for me, while size 4 is a little too big, so is there anyway we can tinker with the "script" to create an in-between font size, or sizes that are only marginally bigger or smaller?

My second font question is: the Georgia font is now my regular (reading) font, while the condensed font is the default Kindle font. Is there anyway I can replace this condensed font or the sans serif font with other fonts? I tried searching the font thread but didn't find the answer.
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If you don't intend to use the [Aa] menu all that much, then I suggest editing the reader.pref file in the system folder (or use the Calibre plugin), I *think* that still works to set the font size.

The only other choice is to rescale the font with a font editor, which may not be as easy as it sounds.

Sans Serif *is* the regular font . The hack lets you switch three font families out of the four (basically, everything except condensed).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert