Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
ppriede
ppriede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire (soon)
Brightness - Problem solved? Kindle Fire 6.3

Well, my Kindle Fire just updated to 6.3

I always keeps the brightness at minimun and in the night i use Screen Filter with 20%

After the auto-update to 6.3, the light is very very low...in the minimun setting
I'm waiting to see it at night, to make the proper comparision...

Anyone notice the same?
ppriede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Yes, it's one of the "enhancements."
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Has auto-brightness been re-enabled as well? I hate having that light sensor just sitting there doing nothing....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it can now go down to 2% (my ScreenDim utility will push it down to 0.4%). Don't know why they didn't let it go all the way down to 0.4% while they were at it--would have been just as easy for them.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
Yes, it can now go down to 2% (my ScreenDim utility will push it down to 0.4%). Don't know why they didn't let it go all the way down to 0.4% while they were at it--would have been just as easy for them.
Was this in response to me? The auto-brighhtness is enabled and can take it down to 2%? Is there a setting to enable this somewhere?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Was this in response to me? The auto-brighhtness is enabled and can take it down to 2%? Is there a setting to enable this somewhere?
No, not the auto-brightness, just the regular brightness setting now goes down to about 2%, instead of the 10% or so that it did before.

The auto-brightness still doesn't work--I used a little test app that toggles the setting and it did nothing.

Last edited by pruss; 03-30-2012 at 12:58 PM.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6.3, brightness