Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Coming Soon: a Kindle Podcast

Ran across this post on the Amazon boards. The Kindle Chronicles is awaiting iTunes approval but you can listen from the Chronicles website.

Quote:
Being a passionate Kindle enthusiast and a podcaster, I've decided to create a weekly audio podcast all about the Kindle. You can find my first episode at htpp://TheKindleChronicles.com , and my application for a listing at the iTunes directory is pending. Each episode will include Kindle news, a tech tip, the "What's on Your Kindle" interview, and a final Kindle Quote. The debut episode offers a fun and informative interview with comedian and Onion web/political director Baratunde Thurston. Episode 2 is scheduled to feature an interview with C.C. Chapman. I'll be looking for more Kindle users to interview, so if you'd like to be considered, please email me at PodChronicles@gmail.com . I'd also love audio comments that I can include in future episodes and feedback on how to improve the podcast. I hope many of you here at the forum will check it out!
You might be able to listen to a podcast about your Kindle on your Kindle!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
It's sad that we can't download the file directly to the Kindle (unless there's a hack on this site?)
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
It's sad that we can't download the file directly to the Kindle (unless there's a hack on this site?)
I just checked, it's now on iTunes in an mp3 format so it can be played on the Kindle. Just search for "The Kindle Chronicles".
Old 08-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Not exactly filled with the latest news. They mention that the total number of books for the Kindle is 90,000. One of the people interviewed wondered if the price would ever come down in the future.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

At the end he said it was recorded on July 26th, so I'm not sure why his numbers are off.

I can report that if you put this file in the Audible folder rather than the music folder. It can be controlled like I normal audiobook. Pause to bookmark, skip ahead 30 secs or back 30 secs. Of course, since it's in the Audible folder you cannot read on your Kindle and listen to the podcast at the same time (why would you want to). To listen and read, the file will have to go in the music folder.

BTW, this file is 25MB, so I'm running it from my SD card.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
LenEdgerly
LenEdgerly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Episode 1 of The Kindle Chronicles only had one interview, with Baratunde Thurston, and I don't remember a mention of the old number of 90k books available. So I'm wondering if you heard another Kindle-related podcast. If so, I'd love to learn about it so I could check it out! Thanks.
LenEdgerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Welcome to MobileRead Len! I enjoyed the podcast and the enthusiasm of your first guest. I see you have a 2nd podcast up already!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Mea culpa! I listened to another Kindle podcast before yours and didn't notice, Len. I'll listen to yours tonight.

How embarrassing (but I'm used to it, heh).

Sorry.

The one I listened to was "Getting a Read on Amazon's New Kindle" from the iTunes store. It was obviously recorded some time ago.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #9
JMikeD
Evangelist

Len-

I could barely hear you during the interview during the second podcast. I generally could make out only one side of the conversation.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it a lot.

Last edited by JMikeD; 08-02-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

wrong thread
Old 08-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #11
JMikeD
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
wrong thread
Sorry?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Sorry?
I meant to start a new thread on another subject and accidentally posted the info here. That was my very unclear "deleted" message. Sorry.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #13
kevinpars
Connoisseur
kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I enjoyed listening to both of these podcasts - very good interviews.
kevinpars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #14
LenEdgerly
LenEdgerly began at the beginning.

Audio Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Len-

I could barely hear you during the interview during the second podcast. I generally could make out only one side of the conversation.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it a lot.
Mike, I'm not sure what was wrong with audio level for my side of interview with C.C. Chapman. I was using Skype recorder. It should be better for Show 3 that I'm working on today, with Stephen Windwalker, author of the hot Kindle title, "How to Use the Amazon Kindle for Email & Over 100 Pages of Other Cool Tips" We spoke at a restaurant using my Edirol R-09. Gotta get back to work on the podcast.....
Len
LenEdgerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #15
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
One easy way to enhance this podcast and distribute it, would be through Feedbooks: http://www.feedbooks.com/feed/5121

Once you have the Mobipocket output of the RSS feed on your Kindle, you can easily update it. And since we keep the links in the RSS items, a simple link to the mp3 file would work to download the podcast to your Kindle.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!