Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #166
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia Ryan View Post
Today through May 22: The Backlist eBooks Merry May Sale features 52 authors and nearly 200 books! The books were previously published by all the major publishers. The authors include New York Times and USA Today bestsellers and major award-winners. Check out the deails--including a full list of participating authors and their books--on the official Smashwords blog: http://blog.smashwords.com/
I'm a bit confused by the ones for Judith Arnold - the blog has them as $0.99 but Smashwords has them all as $2.99, and I see no coupon code to reduce the price
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #167
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I can't explain that particular inconsistency, but there were some glitches in getting all the listings up on the SW blog. (Something this complicated almost demands glitches!) For instance, I'm participating in the sale, and I'm not yet listed on the SW blog. But you can find an updated sale list at http://backlistebooks.com/specials.html. No doubt the problems will get ironed out in the next day or so.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #168
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I can't explain that particular inconsistency, but there were some glitches in getting all the listings up on the SW blog. (Something this complicated almost demands glitches!) For instance, I'm participating in the sale, and I'm not yet listed on the SW blog. But you can find an updated sale list at http://backlistebooks.com/specials.html. No doubt the problems will get ironed out in the next day or so.
Thanks for mentioning that you're participating in the sale - I want to look out for books 2-4 in the Chaos Chronicles I'll just keep checking back.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #169
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Thanks for mentioning that you're participating in the sale - I want to look out for books 2-4 in the Chaos Chronicles I'll just keep checking back.
Thanks, Loosheesh! My omnibus of books 1-3 is part of the sale. The fourth book, Sunborn, can't be. It's a Tor ebook, and the marketing of it is out of my hands.

The link I gave above is the most up-to-date, and has my coupon codes. (It's easier for the organizers to update the Backlist Ebooks website than other places the list appears.)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #170
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks, Loosheesh! My omnibus of books 1-3 is part of the sale. The fourth book, Sunborn, can't be. It's a Tor ebook, and the marketing of it is out of my hands.
I noticed; I was just checking and could only find it at Amazon for $7.99

And I'll probably just get the Chaos omnibus, even though I already have Neptune Crossing; with the coupon, it's still cheaper than if I were to buy books 2 and 3 separately
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #171
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
I noticed; I was just checking and could only find it at Amazon for $7.99

And I'll probably just get the Chaos omnibus, even though I already have Neptune Crossing; with the coupon, it's still cheaper than if I were to buy books 2 and 3 separately
You'll get a nicer cover with the omnibus (created by Backlist Ebook's Pat Ryan), and yes, it's cheaper.

As for Sunborn, if you need it in epub, you can get it at Sony or BN. Yeah, it's DRM'd--sorry. But I have a standing offer to anyone who buys a book of mine with DRM: if it causes you a problem, just let me know and I'll replace it with a DRM-free copy.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #172
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thank you for using the word sex rather than gender! There's an old saying which perhaps you've heard: People have sex, words have gender.

Geez, if we didn't live in different countries I'd think we went to the same school! Did you also get "similar to but different from" etc etc?
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #173
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
You'll get a nicer cover with the omnibus (created by Backlist Ebook's Pat Ryan), and yes, it's cheaper.

As for Sunborn, if you need it in epub, you can get it at Sony or BN. Yeah, it's DRM'd--sorry. But I have a standing offer to anyone who buys a book of mine with DRM: if it causes you a problem, just let me know and I'll replace it with a DRM-free copy.
I can handle the DRM so format is not an issue for me; thanks for offering, though
Old 05-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #174
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur
Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
I'm a bit confused by the ones for Judith Arnold - the blog has them as $0.99 but Smashwords has them all as $2.99, and I see no coupon code to reduce the price
Loosheesh, thanks for pointing that out! I'll let Judith know the price change didn't come through.

Pat
Patricia Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #175
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia Ryan View Post
Loosheesh, thanks for pointing that out! I'll let Judith know the price change didn't come through.

Pat
Thanks Pat! Please post here if there's any change on her prices (that way I won't have to keep checking the list )
Old 05-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #176
Loosheesh
Wizard

Just to update: the Judith Arnold books are now fixed, and showing as $0.99 at Smashwords
Old 05-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #177
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
just did a little shopping from your page at smashwords. picked out several ebooks by different authors in different niches
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:01 AM   #178
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur
Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
just did a little shopping from your page at smashwords. picked out several ebooks by different authors in different niches
You rock, Basschick! Thanks!
Patricia Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #179
melaniejaxn
Enthusiast
melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranna Durgin View Post
Well, this weekend ConneryBeagle mostly overcame the fact that I was wandering around in a daze. ;> He's a good boy! And I didn't fall on my face, which is also good. Some dogs can be run by a less active handler, but ConneryBeagle is not one of them! It'll keep me young, right? ;>
And what doesn't kill us makes us strong .
melaniejaxn is offline   Reply With Quote