Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up A Nasty Case of ROAD RASH by Simon Janus

Road Rash is now available for the Kindle and from Smashwords. This was the second book written under my Simon Janus pen name.

James Straley might think his life is cursed, but it doesn't compare to what lies ahead of him on life's highway. He's on the run with the proceeds of a botched bank robbery. It's all he has. His crew is dead and his getaway car just died on him. He's on foot with the cash when he comes across a two-car pileup. There's no saving the drivers, but he can save himself by stealing one of the wrecked cars. Unfortunately, he boosts the wrong set of wheels. Within an hour of driving off, he develops a rash that eats away at his flesh. No doctor can help him—only the car's original owner. If Straley wants his skin back, he must journey on the road to redemption, which ends in the heart of Central America.

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Road-Rash-ebook/dp/B003DZ1EU4
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11558

Thanks for listening and I hope you’ll check it out.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Not sure if this is my type of book so I grabbed the sample from Smashwords to check it out.
Thanks.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Who is Simon Janus?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger the rabbit View Post
Not sure if this is my type of book so I grabbed the sample from Smashwords to check it out.
Thanks.
Well, I hope you like it. Let me know. Hopefully, I'll convert you.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
Simon Wood
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Who is Simon Janus?
It's the pen name I use for my darker fiction. I write thrillers and crime stories as well as horror, but readers were getting confused by what I write. They weren't what was coming down the pipe, so I divided myself into two with a pen name.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #6
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wood View Post
Well, I hope you like it. Let me know. Hopefully, I'll convert you.
Read the sample & went back & bought the book - creepy short story with a twist.

I will check out some more of your work.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
Simon Wood
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger the rabbit View Post
Read the sample & went back & bought the book - creepy short story with a twist.

I will check out some more of your work.
Thanks,

I'm glad I made a convert of you.

Please do check out my other works...
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
Simon Wood
Addict

I run a thing called "Excerpt Mondays" on my blog. Please enjoy a slice of ROAD RASH.

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...d-rash-excerpt
Old 08-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
Simon Wood
Addict

Road Rash is in the Indie Spotlight today. Enjoy.

http://www.theindiespotlight.com/?p=2256
Old 08-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
Simon Wood
Addict

Road Rash is now on Kobo.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Road-...RHw/page1.html

Thanks to all the Kobo users out there. I've had some good sales and feedback from the Koboers out there.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
Simon Wood
Addict

I'm the guest blogger for The Bookworm this week. A few years ago, I was in Guatemala when someone asked if I'd be interested in attending a Santeria ritual. Being a girl who just can't say no, I jumped at the chance and experience became the basis for ROAD RASH.

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/20...imon-wood.html
Old 09-23-2010, 02:28 AM   #12
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wood View Post
I'm the guest blogger for The Bookworm this week. A few years ago, I was in Guatemala when someone asked if I'd be interested in attending a Santeria ritual. Being a girl who just can't say no, I jumped at the chance and experience became the basis for ROAD RASH.
Are you a GIRL?!?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #13
Simon Wood
Addict

Only when I'm bad? :-)
Old 10-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #14
Simon Wood
Addict

Road Rash is only 99cents. It's a creepy little tale perfect for Halloween.

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Road-Rash-ebook/dp/B003DZ1EU4
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11558
Old 12-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #15
Simon Wood
Addict

An early Xmas present for everyone. You can download Road Rash for free. Enjoy! http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11558