Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
fluffy happy
fluffy happy began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket
Listing Books by Date

Hi, Ive already go another thread on "Which one should I buy?" But thought I would ask you Sony lovers for advice too. I have a prs 300 and love it but its looking a bit tatty now and Im thinking of getting something different. The function that I MUST have is being able to list the books by date as I like to load a few books at a time and have them in the order I want to read them, but after looking at some readers I noticed you can list the by Author, Title and recent but not your own order.
Im thinking of getting another Sony coz I dont seem to like the other makes but........ do all of the Sonys have a list for "Books By Date"?

Thanks for any advice.
fluffy happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy happy View Post
Hi, Ive already go another thread on "Which one should I buy?" But thought I would ask you Sony lovers for advice too. I have a prs 300 and love it but its looking a bit tatty now and Im thinking of getting something different. The function that I MUST have is being able to list the books by date as I like to load a few books at a time and have them in the order I want to read them, but after looking at some readers I noticed you can list the by Author, Title and recent but not your own order.
Im thinking of getting another Sony coz I dont seem to like the other makes but........ do all of the Sonys have a list for "Books By Date"?

Thanks for any advice.
Check your other post...The Mini (and all other Kobo readers) allow you to add shelves (their version of Sony collections) automatically using Calibre. The shelf can be sorted by "Date Added". See the shelf thread in the Kobo forum "stickies", it explains how to do this, very easy.
For your needs, I would just create 1 shelf (automatically with Calibre) and then browse for your books in the shelf.
Sticky about shelves here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Books on 350, 650, T1 can be sorted by Date, Title, Author, File name and Latest read.

Have you tried 6" ones? I'd say 8 of 10 my friends chose 6" over 5" after extensive uses. More words in a page, or bigger fonts are usually the reason. If you carry a bag with you, 6" is really no trouble. You have more choices on 6" readers.

Edit: I just tried. A text file was created on 12/20/2012. I opened it, save-as another file, so the new file dated 06/07/2013. I loaded them to both 350 and T1, they showed up first when sorted by date.

Last edited by david8866; 06-07-2013 at 02:13 PM.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I recommend that you check out the new Sonys. I like the extra features such as library & Evernote integration. Dictionary support is also great.

And if use calibre then you can get sophisticated with sorting. For example I sort my collections by a column on calibre with Publication Date.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
fluffy happy

Thanks for your comments and as Ive said on my other thread.... I have no bloody idea why I went and got a 505 and am now thinking I should have got a T2 but the lack of stylus holder is all thats put my off, and I feel stupid for admitting thats was the deal breaker. lets hope Father Christmas can get his chubby hands on a new and improved sony ereader and hope the 505 i bought on ebay lasts that long lol
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Well, the 505 was a great reader. We still have one in use in my house even though we have a T1 available for use too. The main thing is just to enjoy reading, and all the bells and whistles aren't needed simply to enjoy a good book.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
fluffy happy

To be honest Bookworm_Girl I do just want a basic reader,I dont even care about a light but I do care how it feels to hold and another major bug for me is the recommended books bit on the front pages.
My main problem is that I know what I want but nothing fits so I have to compromise, you are right though, as long as I can read I should be happy....... My husband and kids ..... not so much. Something to do with me reading rather than doing housework I think.