Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #91
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I'm for hire along with the sharp implement.
And I like my job !
You must be a cook in a Samurai restaurant!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #92
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #93
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
[QUOTE=happy_terd;1043696]
That is Belushi John in an imitation of himself. Ah it is written in the picture link.

Last edited by beppe; 08-05-2010 at 12:08 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #94
kittydelicious
Lurksalot
kittydelicious began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I had to have cats for my avatar since I'm kittydelicious. Palestrina is on the left, Cagney is on the right.
kittydelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #95
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittydelicious View Post
I had to have cats for my avatar since I'm kittydelicious. Palestrina is on the left, Cagney is on the right.
Welcome kittydelicious! You are not alone. There are so many cats hanging around here you'd think cats and reading actually went together.

I also think all the cats around explain recluse still being here and fitting in so well.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #96
Big Shirley
Enthusiast
Big Shirley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Galaxy S, Nook Color, Sony PRS-950
My dog Buddy. He's the best. My daughter named him.
Big Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #97
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Welcome kittydelicious! You are not alone. There are so many cats hanging around here you'd think cats and reading actually went together.
of course cats and reading go together - whenever you try and read something, the come and try to sit on it or block it from your sight. same with the computer.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #98
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Mine comes from American Indian folklore (a tribe fairly close to where I lived in New Mexico.) It is a medicine bear, a symbol of good luck, healing and strength. Medicine bear fetishes (and other symbolic fetishes) are sold quite often at the Indian Pueblos and plazas. I don't really know why I chose the bear, but the theme runs through my blog (BearMountainBooks) and I quilted a blanket with a family of bears.

Indian stories and culture is important where I grew up. Parts of it stayed with me even though I no longer live in New Mexico.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #99
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
Mine was a picture of my dog and cat not long after we got the dog. The cat was 14 years old and had never lived with a dog. He hated her guts. The dog was less than a year old and LOVED her best friend cat and would not leave him alone. I don't think that poor cat ever forgave me for getting a dog.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #100
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Mine started out as a picture of a homegrown mammoth sunflower, but then the psockpuppet epidemic hit and it became a psilly psunflower which I created in Paint psoftware. It was a challenge, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:39 AM   #101
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare of Earth View Post
Love the cloak!
Thanks !
Not mine, sadly, as it was lended by the medieval fencing teacher, but it was fun to wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
You must be a cook in a Samurai restaurant!
Nope, this is for cleaving large chunks of beef that will be roasted for the feasts in the castle's dining room.
Or for cleaving unwelcome guests, if need be ;-)
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #102
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
kamineko = evil cat

from the Azumanga Daioh anime/manga

Try to pet it and ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
not god cat? :P

/tries to pet
OUCH... err... I thought I had a left hand...oh well
You've got to feel for Miss Sakaki.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #103
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Nope, this is for cleaving large chunks of beef that will be roasted for the feasts in the castle's dining room.
Or for cleaving unwelcome guests, if need be ;-)
No home should be without one!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #104
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Love this character, and the whole comic series. I think that if I were dead, I would be like her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lenorefamily.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	56310  
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #105
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
My avatar epitomizes the way I look after reading a typical post by Jon (JSWolf).
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote