Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Sony Reader Library doesn't delete books from memory

I normally use the Sony Reader software to delete the books from my Sony Reader Library after I have read them. I just realized that, yes, they would disappear from being listed in the Library when I start up the Sony Reader software; however, when I use Windows Explorer and look in the Sony Reader Library, the books are still there.

Why do they have to be deleted using Windows Explorer in addition to being deleted using Sony Reader software?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Because the Sony Library is a book database, not a file browser.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Because the Sony Library is a book database, not a file browser.
W, Thanks for the reply!

It still seems strange that Sony Reader software would not fully delete the book and its file.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
If I delete an eBook on my reader using the Reader Library, the file is deleted on my reader.

If I delete an eBook on my PC using the Reader Library, the file is not deleted on my PC, just removed from the index.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
W, Thanks for the reply!

It still seems strange that Sony Reader software would not fully delete the book and its file.
I think the logic is that you may be removing it from the Sony library but will be managing it from another library so there you don't want to delete the book entirely. A option to remove it from memory would be nice though.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
KayakerNC
Enthusiast
KayakerNC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Klassic (K1), Kindle 3 wifi & 3G, and Sony Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I think the logic is that you may be removing it from the Sony library but will be managing it from another library so there you don't want to delete the book entirely. A option to remove it from memory would be nice though.
So you fire up your computer, click on Start > Documents > My Books > Reader Library > right click on the book in question > Delete.
Color it gone.
KayakerNC is offline   Reply With Quote