Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #1711
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I wish this app supported CSS better. The C in CSS stands for cascading but this is lost in Marvin. If you have CSS settings in the p statement and then include a class it should inherit the CSS settings from the p statement and then override only the ones that are different in the class but instead it ignores the p and only uses the class. Bluefire gets this right.

While I am talking about ignoring things if you have a two level TOC Marvin ignores the actual entries and reports (at the bottom right of the page) that you are reading the last chapter of the second level entry and the pages left are the ones from the first level. What's with that?

Its not all about features. Occasionally bugs should be fixed.

Dale
Old 08-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #1712
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Dale, I assure you that I always fix bugs as they are reported.

The behaviour you are describing (both cases) should work properly in Marvin. Have you got a sample of a book where this doesn't seem to work for me to have a look at? Maybe email it to me?
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #1713
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Here is an example. The p style has a margin at the bottom which is not in the class statements and does not survive to the end product. The example is in the public domain in the US and Canada, published in 1912 but will not meet the current requirements to add it to our downloads. You are welcome to keep it. It also illustrates the problem with the title of the chapter not being the one that you are on. I had previously emailed you one with that problem months ago but no fix which is why I wondered about fixing of bugs.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Ironside Holiness the False and the True.epub (81.9 KB, 242 views)
Old 08-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #1714
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for sending this over Dale. I have your original request logged in for fixing. The reason I'm not tackling this right away is that I needed to freeze updates to the layout engine while I'm working on the iPhone version.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #1715
kguil
Addict

Just a heads up. Marvin for iPhone is on track for an August/September release. I've posted some screenshots of the beta here: blog.marvinapp.com
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #1716
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Love the screenshots!!

One thing I didn't see when the library of books was showing is the "ability to sort in the order the books are loaded/installed" on the iPhone. Pretty please!!! That is a huge issue with me and very important.

Thank you!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #1717
kguil
Addict

@Shykat It is there, I promise.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #1718
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Just a heads up. Marvin for iPhone is on track for an August/September release. I've posted some screenshots of the beta here: blog.marvinapp.com
Great!
hope iCloud sync won't be forgotten too.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #1719
kguil
Addict

It won't. The screenshots don't show everything and some things are bound to be refined during the beta.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #1720
Wisnoodles
Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wisnoodles knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Blackberry Curve
Quote:
It won't. The screenshots don't show everything and some things are bound to be refined during the beta.
If you need any help with the beta I would be more then happy to lend a hand. I have done beta work on other projects.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #1721
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Wooohoo! Thank you. I'm so looking forward to the iPhone version. I normally read on my Mini but there are times when I can't carry it with me so using my iPhone would be great!!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #1722
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Knowing Kris, and his outstanding work with Marvin, the end result will be awesome!! My kids can't wait for it to be released...they all use their iphones to read and they are sooo disappointed with 'those other reader apps'...they drool when they see Marvin, but mom and I refuse to share!! lol
Old 08-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #1723
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Bug report with the latest Marvin - I just noticed that initially my ebook is formatted correctly. However, if I rotate my screen from portrait to Landscape mode, both columns of text get shifted downwards and then overlap on top of the footer with the chapter name, etc. If I rotate back to portrait mode, this bug remains with the page contents being offset to the bottom and overlaid on top of the footer. This also results in a pretty large empty space at the top of the page. This is a bit annoying and I have to go back to the main menu and reload the book to reset the view.

Also, I know that smooth scrolling of ebooks was a feature request a long time ago. Is this still planned at some point or have you chosen not to support this?

Thanks for all the great work on Marvin!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #1724
kguil
Addict

@orion2001 - We've identified this bug during the current beta. It will be corrected in the next version. By smooth scrolling, I'm assuming you're referring to vertical scrolling. Yes, it is on top of my priority list but it will likely not make it in the very next version.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #1725
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
@orion2001 - We've identified this bug during the current beta. It will be corrected in the next version. By smooth scrolling, I'm assuming you're referring to vertical scrolling. Yes, it is on top of my priority list but it will likely not make it in the very next version.
Thanks Kris. Glad to hear it's still being worked on. Keep up the great work! Cheers.
Closed Thread