Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
jerrypettit
jerrypettit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Two Users--One Calibre Library?

Pardon this first newbie question--I did do some searching for an answer to what must be a pretty basic question.

I have a lot of non-DRM books in my library (public domain) and want to buy a second Kindle for my son and load a SELECTION of these books onto his Kindle via Calibre. I use Calibre on my own Kindle.

I haven't bought the 2nd Kindle yet, but when I do--what will be the process to follow to not mess up the "sharing" process?

Thanks in advance!
jerrypettit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
AFAIK calibre doesn't care which kindle you have plugged in. Should be no problem at all as long as you only plug in one at a time.
I have used my calibre library with 4 different devices, SOny, kindle, Galaxy Tab and Ipad. Nothing bad happened
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
jerrypettit
jerrypettit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Great.

Thanks!
jerrypettit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You might want to look at the Reading List plugin. That makes it easy to queue books up for specific devices and then sync them the next time that particular device is plugged in. Unlike most of Calibre that particular plugin can even distinguish between different devices of the same type so that you can queue the books for each user separately.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote