Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
War
War began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Author Organization Problems- wrong sorting on Kindle

So I have loaded a bunch of books into calibre and put them on my Kindle 3 but the kindle still sorts the authors by their first name.

In the metadata i have it so that the 'author" is first then last name and "author sort" is last name, first name.

I just started using calibre but I have looked through a bunch of threads and have not found what the problem is.

What is wrong?
War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
How do you tranfer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
So I have loaded a bunch of books into calibre and put them on my Kindle 3 but the kindle still sorts the authors by their first name.

In the metadata i have it so that the 'author" is first then last name and "author sort" is last name, first name.

I just started using calibre but I have looked through a bunch of threads and have not found what the problem is.

What is wrong?
Hey
How do you send books to your K3 ?
From Calibre, yes, but using "Send to Device" ?
And you want your K3 to sort by Last-/First Name ?
If so, have a look at this thread discussing cool things,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...21&postcount=1
If I'm right you'll have to look at "plug-boards" within Calibre.
Changed mine ages ago, so don't remember the default, but let us know some more info and we'll help you out.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
War
War began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Yes I did send them using "Send to Device"

I do want them to be sorted Last/First Name although the plugins and other editing stuff is rather new to me so I have a hard time getting through it on my own.

Plus I don't even know what my problem is exactly.
War is offline   Reply With Quote