Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Some people naturally have better taste than others. We may, however, disagree which one of us that is .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #32
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Some people naturally have better taste than others. We may, however, disagree which one of us that is .
Actually, you might be interested to know that I'm listening to the book based primarily on the fact you had mentioned it a number of times here at MR. I've enjoyed a number of your other recommendations but I guess one can't win them all.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:23 PM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fair comment .
Old 06-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #34
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I collect later girls' series books: Cherry Ames, Connie Blair, Judy Bolton, Vicki Barr. I have a handful of Shirley Flight and Sally Baxter books from the UK too. Nancy Drew isn't my primary interest, but I do have original text versions of the first 56.
When I read your post, a bell rang with the name Sally Baxter. On Googling, I came across Sally Baxter Girl Reporter and the Mystery Heiress. I had this book as a child and had completely forgotten it (I had the Redwing print). I hunted up a cheap copy and converted it (only read e these days).

I just wanted to say as I thoroughly enjoyed my walk down memory lane.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #35
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post
When I read your post, a bell rang with the name Sally Baxter. On Googling, I came across Sally Baxter Girl Reporter and the Mystery Heiress. I had this book as a child and had completely forgotten it (I had the Redwing print). I hunted up a cheap copy and converted it (only read e these days).

I just wanted to say as I thoroughly enjoyed my walk down memory lane.
You're welcome. I love all those old career-girl mysteries. Such fun! Too bad they're not all available as e-books.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
You're welcome. I love all those old career-girl mysteries. Such fun! Too bad they're not all available as e-books.
Some are, though, such as Cherry Ames series.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #37
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Some are, though, such as Cherry Ames series.
Only the Helen Wells titles, though. The ones written by Julie Tatham (books 10-16) haven't been digitized.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:45 PM   #38
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I just gave up on Neil Gaiman's American Gods. I don't know what happened. I typically really enjoy his prose and his style, but this story was just a slough for me. After 150 pages, my wife looked at me and told me to stop because I looked miserable every time I picked the book up.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:34 PM   #39
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Teresa Giudice's gag-inducing Turning the Tables.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote