Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Let the Kindle Paperwhite have sound and ear!

Just like how God creates the world:

"Let there be sound" and our Kindle Paperwhite can play music!
"Let there be ear" and our Kindle Paperwhite has Voice Control!!

Many people (including me) are very disappointed when Amazon has abandon the Speaker and Microphone from the Kindle Paperwhite's design.

They do this may be for saving money or try to make the device thinner or saving battery power - But whatever reason it might be, I personal think it is a very BAD decision!

But wait! If we can "think outside of the box", there is an USB port on the Kindle Paperwhite! Although it is now used for Battery Charger and data storage transfer, can't we just connect it to a modified Headphone and Microphone??

A search on the Internet shows that there are a lot of JAVA codes for MP3 player, the only thing missing is we need to port it to Kindle and provide an interface to the hardware!

There are already USB headphones, USB external speaker and USB Microphones available on the market, so we may just use them off the shelf...

Of course, it is always easier to say than actually doing it! I am currently very busy of developing the Chinese Chess for Kindle and this project is not a small one that only one engineer can finish it. It need a team of engineers with Hardware and Sound/Voice interface experience to do it.

Anyone out there can give a hand? May be Amazon should fund this project!

I just want to hear MP3 music while reading my Kindle PW or say the words "Next Page" and it will go to next page without my hand touching the Kindle PW - Is that too much to ask??

Last edited by twobob; 03-24-2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: title implied a completed project, (corrected grammar can imply request).
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yep. That would be great. Need OTG USB Kernel and a few dollars worth of soundcard.
I was looking at this exact thing before.

May look it again as it is something I am interested in.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
Just like how God creates the world:

"Let there be sound" and our Kindle Paperwhite can play music!
"Let there be ear" and our Kindle Paperwhite has Voice Control!!

Many people (including me) are very disappointed when Amazon has abandon the Speaker and Microphone from the Kindle Paperwhite's design.

They do this may be for saving money or try to make the device thinner or saving battery power - But whatever reason it might be, I personal think it is a very BAD decision!

But wait! If we can "think outside of the box", there is an USB port on the Kindle Paperwhite! Although it is now used for Battery Charger and data storage transfer, can't we just connect it to a modified Headphone and Microphone??

A search on the Internet shows that there are a lot of JAVA codes for MP3 player, the only thing missing is we need to port it to Kindle and provide an interface to the hardware!

There are already USB headphones, USB external speaker and USB Microphones available on the market, so we may just use them off the shelf...

Of course, it is always easier to say than actually doing it! I am currently very busy of developing the Chinese Chess for Kindle and this project is not a small one that only one engineer can finish it. It need a team of engineers with Hardware and Sound/Voice interface experience to do it.

Anyone out there can give a hand? May be Amazon should fund this project!

I just want to hear MP3 music while reading my Kindle PW or say the words "Next Page" and it will go to next page without my hand touching the Kindle PW - Is that too much to ask??
Yes, it is too much to ask.

In you 'net research, learn the difference between a "Host" and a "Device" USB port.
Pay particular attention to the OTG variety that can take on either role.

Once you have the basic principles in mind, then search this forum for the many posts of work done by people trying to get "Host" mode working on the Kindle's OTG port.

I even wrote a fairly long thread in the process of building kernel modules for all Kindles supported by KUAL.
In that thread you will find post(s) from people wondering why I built so many device drivers for USB devices.
Duh....
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
He-he, you know, every active member here is busy with his own project (or two, or three, or even more).

Why to ask for help in absolutely unknown field? just learn by yourself from public sources, then you'll be able to evaluate overall complexity more closely and either do the task on your's own or give up completely...
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Why to ask for help in absolutely unknown field? just learn by yourself from public sources, then you'll be able to evaluate overall complexity more closely and either do the task on your's own or give up completely...
Well, the reasons asking for help is I have seen a few threads from this forum about using the Voice Control in Kindle. Unfortunately, I don't quite understanding a bit of what they are talking about!

But I WANT to use the Voice Control - It would be the coolest thing if I can use it on my kindle (but I have only the Kindle Paperwhite and don't think I will buy another model of Kindle...)

In my mind there is nothing we cannot do - Even asking me to build a Space Shuttle or an atomic bomb (I am not a terrorist!). It just a matter of an easier way or a hard way (which may take a much longer time).

People always complain this world is not fair: Why some people are so rich, while some are so poor - But they never notice that some people do working very hard or at least give a try, instead of giving up all together and doing nothing.

Doing nothing will achieve nothing!

To my knowledge, the Voice Control should involve "Neural Network" and "Fuzzy Logic" technology which I am quite good at - May be I should "try" it on Kindle as a start...
Old 03-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm.. I actually agree with you.

I already looked into this one.

I'll have a quick look now

http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/ is open source.

Nearest thing I could find that was armel ready is http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/sphinx2-bin

So I will have a look at that.

Quote:
root@kindle:/# dpkg --force-depends -i /INSTALLS/sphinx2-bin_0.6-2.1_armel.deb
Selecting previously unselected package sphinx2-bin.
(Reading database ... 33189 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking sphinx2-bin (from .../sphinx2-bin_0.6-2.1_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: sphinx2-bin: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you requested:
sphinx2-bin depends on libsphinx2g0 (>= 0.6); however:
Package libsphinx2g0 is not installed.
sphinx2-bin depends on sphinx2-hmm-6k; however:
Package sphinx2-hmm-6k is not installed.

Setting up sphinx2-bin (0.6-2.1) ...
root@kindle:/# dpkg --force-depends -i /INSTALLS/libsphinx2g0_0.6-2.1_armel.deb
Selecting previously unselected package libsphinx2g0.

(Reading database ... 33235 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libsphinx2g0 (from .../libsphinx2g0_0.6-2.1_armel.deb) ...
Setting up libsphinx2g0 (0.6-2.1) ...
root@kindle:/# dpkg --force-depends -i /INSTALLS/sphinx2-
sphinx2-bin_0.6-2.1_armel.deb sphinx2-hmm-6k_0.6-2.1_all.deb
root@kindle:/# dpkg --force-depends -i /INSTALLS/sphinx2-hmm-6k_0.6-2.1_all.deb
Selecting previously unselected package sphinx2-hmm-6k.

(Reading database ... 33255 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking sphinx2-hmm-6k (from .../sphinx2-hmm-6k_0.6-2.1_all.deb) ...
Setting up sphinx2-hmm-6k (0.6-2.1) ...
root@kindle:/# sphinx2- (presses tab)
Code:
sphinx2-align       sphinx2-client      sphinx2-phone       sphinx2-simple
sphinx2-allphone    sphinx2-continuous  sphinx2-ptt         sphinx2-test
sphinx2-batch       sphinx2-demo        sphinx2-server

Last edited by twobob; 03-23-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
People always complain this world is not fair: Why some people are so rich, while some are so poor - But they never notice that some people do working very hard or at least give a try, instead of giving up all together and doing nothing.

Doing nothing will achieve nothing!
I can only applaud such attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anecdote
A man once asked Mozart how to write a symphony. Mozart told him to study at the conservatory for six or eight years, then apprentice with a composer for four or five more years, then begin writing a few sonatas, pieces for string quartets, piano concertos, etc. and in another four or five years he would be ready to try a full symphony. The man said, "But Mozart, didn't your write a symphony at age eight?" Mozart replied, "Yes, but I didn't have to ask how."

Last edited by eureka; 03-23-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: correct verb
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
twobob

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cmusphinx/files/

also worth a look
Old 03-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
twobob

running the simple test script. see if it explodes

sphinx2-test
Spoiler:
Quote:
Run CMU Sphinx2 in Batch mode to decode an example utterance.

/usr/bin/sphinx2-continuous \
-verbose 9 \
-adcin TRUE \
-adcext 16k \
-ctlfn /usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle/turtle.ctl \
-ctloffset 0 \
-ctlcount 100000000 \
-datadir /usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle \
-agcmax TRUE \
-langwt 6.5 \
-fwdflatlw 8.5 \
-rescorelw 9.5 \
-ugwt 0.5 \
-fillpen 1e-10 \
-silpen 0.005 \
-inspen 0.65 \
-top 1 \
-topsenfrm 3 \
-topsenthresh \
-70000 \
-beam 2e-06 \
-npbeam 2e-06 \
-lpbeam 2e-05 \
-lponlybeam 0.0005 \
-nwbeam 0.0005 \
-fwdflat FALSE \
-fwdflatbeam 1e-08 \
-fwdflatnwbeam 0.0003 \
-bestpath TRUE \
-kbdumpdir /usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle \
-lmfn /usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle/turtle.lm \
-dictfn /usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle/turtle.dic \
-ndictfn /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/noisedict \
-phnfn /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/phone \
-mapfn /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/map \
-hmmdir /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k \
-hmmdirlist /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k \
-8bsen TRUE \
-sendumpfn /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/sendump \
-cbdir /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k

kindle
Sat Mar 23 15:24:20 GMT 2013

INFO: fbs_main.c(1266): libfbs/main COMPILED ON: Apr 15 2008, AT: 18:38:14

INFO: kb_main.c(601): Reading phone file [/usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/phone]
INFO: phone.c(387): Using 0 phonological mappings
INFO: kb_main.c(610): Reading map file [/usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/map]
INFO: hmm_tied_r.c(1339): Read Map: 125716 phones map to 23355 unique senone sequences
INFO: kb_main.c(648): Reading dict file [/usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle/turtle.dic]
INFO: dict.c(473): dict_load: first line of /usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle/turtle.dic was A, expecting '!'
INFO: dict.c(475): dict_load: will assume first line contains a word
INFO: dict.c(639): 111 = words in file [/usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle/turtle.dic]
INFO: dict.c(473): dict_load: first line of /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/noisedict was ++BREATH++, expecting '!'
INFO: dict.c(475): dict_load: will assume first line contains a word
INFO: dict.c(639): 7 = words in file [/usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/noisedict]
INFO: dict.c(406): LEFT CONTEXT TABLES
INFO: dict.c(1083): Entry Context table contains
76 entries
INFO: dict.c(1084): 3876 possible cross word triphones.
INFO: dict.c(1120): 3268 triphones
608 pseudo diphones
0 uniphones
INFO: dict.c(1146): Exit Context table contains
76 entries
INFO: dict.c(1147): 3876 possible cross word triphones.
INFO: dict.c(1210): 3268 triphones
608 pseudo diphones
0 uniphones
INFO: dict.c(1212): 1605 right context entries
INFO: dict.c(1213): 21 ave entries per exit context
INFO: dict.c(410): RIGHT CONTEXT TABLES
INFO: dict.c(1083): Entry Context table contains
65 entries
INFO: dict.c(1084): 3315 possible cross word triphones.
INFO: dict.c(1120): 2730 triphones
585 pseudo diphones
0 uniphones
INFO: dict.c(1146): Exit Context table contains
65 entries
INFO: dict.c(1147): 3315 possible cross word triphones.
INFO: dict.c(1210): 2730 triphones
585 pseudo diphones
0 uniphones
INFO: dict.c(1212): 1625 right context entries
INFO: dict.c(1213): 25 ave entries per exit context
INFO: dict.c(414): 0 unique triphones were mapped to ci phones
INFO: lm_3g.c(864): Reading LM file /usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle/turtle.lm (name "")
INFO: lm_3g.c(894): ngrams 1=91, 2=212, 3=177
INFO: lm_3g.c(901): 121 words in dictionary
INFO: lm_3g.c(1416): Looking for precompiled LM dump file /usr/share/sphinx2/model/lm/turtle/turtle.lm.DMP
INFO: lm_3g.c(1419): Precompiled file not found; continue with LM file
INFO: lm_3g.c(562): Reading unigrams
INFO: lm_3g.c(943): 91 = #unigrams created
INFO: lm_3g.c(606): Reading bigrams
INFO: lm_3g.c(955):
212 = #bigrams created
INFO: lm_3g.c(956): 20 = #prob2 entries
INFO: lm_3g.c(963): 12 = #bo_wt2 entries
INFO: lm_3g.c(684): Reading trigrams
INFO: lm_3g.c(972):
177 = #trigrams created
INFO: lm_3g.c(973): 12 = #prob3 entries
INFO: lm_3g.c(1070): bo_wt(</s>) changed from -0.3010 to -99.0000
INFO: lm_3g.c(1076): prob(<s>) changed from -0.9129 to -99.0000
INFO: lm_3g.c(1722): 6.50 = Language Weight
INFO: lm_3g.c(1723): 0.50 = Unigram Weight
INFO: lm_3g.c(1724): -4308 = LOG (Insertion Penalty (0.65))
INFO: lm_3g.c(1218): LM("") added
INFO: lm_3g.c(1148): Adding 0 initial OOV words to LM
INFO: hmm_tied_r.c(244): Loading HMMs from dump file /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/sendump
INFO: hmm_tied_r.c(254): BEGIN FILE FORMAT DESCRIPTION
INFO: fbs_main.c(1287): Not using S3 continuous models; initializing SCVQ module
INFO: sc_vq.c(545): SCVQInit: top 1, 6255 models, 1 dist, 0.000100 var floor.
INFO: cep_rw.c(140): Byte reversing /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/cep.256.vec
INFO: cep_rw.c(140): Byte reversing /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/cep.256.var
INFO: sc_vq.c(1511): sc_vq.c(1511): Quantizing senone PDFs to 8 bits
INFO: cep_rw.c(140): Byte reversing /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/d2cep.256.vec
INFO: cep_rw.c(140): Byte reversing /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/d2cep.256.var
INFO: cep_rw.c(140): Byte reversing /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/p3cep.256.vec
INFO: cep_rw.c(140): Byte reversing /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/p3cep.256.var
INFO: cep_rw.c(140): Byte reversing /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/xcep.256.vec
INFO: cep_rw.c(140): Byte reversing /usr/share/sphinx2/model/hmm/6k/xcep.256.var
INFO: search.c(3469): Estimating maximal search tree
INFO: search.c(3580): max nonroot chan increased to 337
INFO: search.c(3590): 73 root, 209 non-root channels, 13 single-phone words
INFO: search.c(2020): topsen-window = 3, threshold = -70000
INFO: search.c(2889): -1049840 = beam width
INFO: search.c(2898): -608104 = new word beam width
INFO: search.c(2916): -1049840 = new phone beam width
INFO: search.c(2925): -865624 = last phone beam width
INFO: search.c(2907): -608104 = Last phone alone beam width
INFO: search.c(2969): -52986 = LOG (Silence Word Penalty) + LOG (Phone Penalty)
INFO: search.c(2982): -230270 = LOG (Filler Word Penalty) + LOG (Phone Penalty)
INFO: search.c(2960): 0 = newword penalty
INFO: search.c(2993): LW = fwdtree: 6.5, fwdflat: 8.5, bestpath: 9.5
INFO: search.c(2995): Log2(AscrScale) = 0
INFO: search.c(4020): Flat-pass bw = 1.0e-08 (-1473728), nwbw = 3.0e-04 (-648968)
INFO: fbs_main.c(2299): Will not use double bandwidth in mel filter
INFO: live_norm.c(123): mean[0]= 8.00, mean[1..12]= 0.0
INFO: fsg_search.c(226): FSG(beam: -1049840, pbeam: -1049840, wbeam: -608104; wip: -28002, pip: 0)
INFO: uttproc.c(1884): CMN: Based on current utterance
INFO: uttproc.c(1908): AGC: MAX based on current utterance
INFO: search.c(3467): Creating search tree
INFO: search.c(3590): 73 root, 209 non-root channels, 13 single-phone words
INFO: uttproc.c(1743): LM= ""
INFO: search.c(2110): startword= <s> (id= 112)
INFO: fbs_main.c(1413): libfbs/main COMPILED ON: Apr 15 2008, AT: 18:38:14

INFO: fbs_main.c(1550):
Utterance: goforward
INFO: uttproc.c(1186): Batchmode
INFO: uttproc.c(1382): Samples histogram (goforward) (4/8/16/30/32K): 100.0%(80872) 0.0%(0) 0.0%(0) 0.0%(0) 0.0%(0); max: 1035
6.378 = AGC MAX
SFrm Efrm AScr/Frm AScr LScr BSDiff LatDen PhPerp Word (FWDTREE) (goforward)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
0 56 -187845 -10707215 0 -180727 1 0.29 <s>
57 62 -234546 -1407281 -52986 -207872 2 1.25 SIL
63 76 -207852 -2909941 -167172 -141750 8 1.19 GO
77 85 -213946 -1925516 -52986 -164181 2 1.26 SIL
86 117 -235026 -7520843 -94430 -167232 2 0.89 FORWARD
118 124 -245457 -1718200 -52986 -201142 2 0.95 SIL
125 143 -228044 -4332844 -184533 -153653 5 1.05 TEN
144 147 -247742 -990970 -52986 -171520 5 0.81 SIL
148 194 -231355 -10873712 -49359 -159068 3 1.11 METERS
195 502 -176450 -54346772 -49359 -174854 1 0.13 </s>
INFO: search.c(2643): FWDTREE: GO FORWARD TEN METERS (goforward -97490091 (A=-96733294 L=-756797))
INFO: search.c(2555): 1360 words recognized (3/fr)
INFO: search.c(2558): 4724 phones in topsen (9/fr)
INFO: search.c(2560): 3146265 senones evaluated (6255/fr)
INFO: search.c(2562): 29157 channels searched (57/fr), 15390 1st, 9634 last
INFO: search.c(2566): 5146 words for which last channels evaluated (10/fr)
INFO: search.c(2568): 783 candidate words for entering last phone (1/fr)
SFrm EFrm AScr/Frm AScr PathScr BSDiff LatDen PhPerp Word (Bestpath) (goforward)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
63 76 349174 4888443 17438266 -141750 8 1.19 GO
86 117 290375 9292029 26999997 -167232 2 0.89 FORWARD
125 143 282989 5376800 32448937 -153653 5 1.05 TEN
148 194 231355 10873712 43394789 -159068 3 1.11 METERS
INFO: searchlat.c(939): BESTPATH: GO FORWARD TEN METERS (goforward -97741561)
INFO: searchlat.c(942): 17 nodes, 50 links searched

INFO: uttproc.c(507): 5.02 SoS, 3.17 sec elapsed, 0.63 xRT, 3.11 sec CPU, 0.62 xRT

INFO: uttproc.c(550):
INFO: uttproc.c(552): TOTAL Elapsed time 3.17 seconds
INFO: uttproc.c(554): TOTAL CPU time 3.11 seconds
INFO: uttproc.c(556): TOTAL Speech 5.02 seconds
INFO: uttproc.c(559): AVERAGE 0.63 xRT(Elapsed), 0.62 xRT(CPU)

TEST FINISHED

Heh turtle. wow. That takes me back... BBC B computers and an archaic plotting program. How proud the teachers were to draw those crappy few lines on the oversized, over expensive paper, if they could see me now...
(they would probably expel me again lol)

Last edited by twobob; 03-23-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
sphinx2-test

Heh turtle. wow. That takes me back... BBC B computers and an archaic plotting program. How proud the teachers were to draw those crappy few lines on the oversized, over expensive paper, if they could see me now...
(they would probably expel me again lol)
I don't quite understand - Dud? What is this "sphinx2" used for??
Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
twobob

the "test" package seems to revolve around having a set of instructions (pre-made) for an ancient plotting device

sphinx2 itself APPEARS to be a speech recognition package. I seem to recall doing all this work a few months ago... perhaps I can dig it up in the threads....

Since Amazon BOUGHT IVONA In january... I was kind of hoping that they would start to include it on their newer eink devices...

Instead they removed the soundcards? Go figure.

Looks like we will have to do it ourselves...

Last edited by twobob; 03-23-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
twobob

ah right yeah

Freespeech
http://freespeech.sourceforge.net/ <-- This had merit

sphinxkeys
https://code.google.com/p/sphinxkeys/ <-- as did this

perlbox
https://sourceforge.net/projects/perlbox/files/ <-- was a tk solution IIRC

julius
http://julius.sourceforge.jp/en_index.php <-- Has value but it not natively En
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/juliu...-4.2.2.tar.gz/ <-- That's the source link.

simon
https://sourceforge.net/p/speech2tex...e35dd56d/tree/ <-- really lives here - the kde version appears to have been "pulled..."
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/simon simonsource <-- Wont work...
http://userbase.kde.org/Simon/Development_Environment <-- But this can still be read

xvoice
http://xvoice.sourceforge.net/ <-- Worth a look. possibly the best bet.

CVoiceControl (now dead project for 10 years?)
http://www.kiecza.net/daniel/linux/ <-- I tried building that one a while ago with no joy

There was more stuff. I could dig it up probably

But there is a pile to look through.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118480 <-- an old thread where someone was using their computer IIRC, not very helpful but filled with handy tips about RCE and such.

Last edited by twobob; 03-23-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #13
twobob

There.. only took most of the day (10 hours? lol)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209061

But I did my part... over to you.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #14
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
There.. only took most of the day (10 hours? lol)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209061

But I did my part... over to you.
Thanks! That is a lot of information to digest..
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Thanks! That is a lot of information to digest..
And you are only getting started -
You still have to get the OTG port running in "Host" mode so you can plug in a USB microphone.

Lots of luck with that part by the way.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote