Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
PRS-505 is preloaded excerpt of with Paterson Legal Thriller?

If you didn't get the e-mail Sony is giving away a custom skinned 505 (I don't care about the skin or the 6 free books, but I would love to have a 505). The qusetion they require you to answer is:

In stores, the Reader Digital Book (PRS-505) is displayed with a preloaded excerpt of which James Patterson legal thriller?

They are nice and say you can visit a store to find out but the nearest store to me is 400+ miles.

Can someone please help. Thank you.

http://ebookstore.sony.com/content/patterson/
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
If you didn't get the e-mail Sony is giving away a custom skinned 505 (I don't care about the skin or the 6 free books, but I would love to have a 505). The qusetion they require you to answer is:

In stores, the Reader Digital Book (PRS-505) is displayed with a preloaded excerpt of which James Patterson legal thriller?

They are nice and say you can visit a store to find out but the nearest store to me is 400+ miles.

I promptly deleted the excerpt from mine; however, in going to the link you supplied (from Sony), it shows The 6th Target.

Perhaps that's it.

Don

NOTE: THE ABOVE GUESS IS THE WRONG ANSWER

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-23-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: WRONG ANSWER
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
I will check and submit, but the skinit skin.. its just like a special sticker.. I went to the skinit site, but can't find any for the ereader
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I promptly deleted the excerpt from mine; however, in going to the link you supplied (from Sony), it shows The 6th Target.
The excerpts should also be on the CD that came with the Reader ... if anyone still knows where it is, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmots View Post
I will check and submit, but the skinit skin.. its just like a special sticker.. I went to the skinit site, but can't find any for the ereader
I've made a careful search of Skinit's site on two occasions, and also come up empty. There was an effort to request skins for the Reader, though, so there may be some hope.

At the risk of sounding anal: the Sony device is the "Reader" (no "e").

The only reason I mention it is that "eReader" is an ebook format that is not compatible with the Sony Reader. My concern is that calling the device by the format may confuse some folks into thinking that they can use eReader books on the Sony Reader, and I'd rather help folks avoid the consequences of that particular mistake if we can help it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please don't give the answer. That would make it unfair to those of us who do know the answer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I already sent a PM to Jckatz with the Answer. So there is no reason to post the answer here. According to the rules you do not need to know the answer. You can send an old fashion letter to Sony and still enter the contest.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckatz View Post

Is the nearest Borders or SonyStyle 400+ miles away? Did you check for both?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Just because we have one PM of the answer, please people, no begging for the answer.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
I live in Springfield, IL and St Louis is closer but I go to Chicago 99 out of 100 times, so it is closer for that reason. And there are borders in Chicago (that I don't need a car for). But I am a Barnes and nobles and Amazon.com book shopper
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Okay, I am a Canadian living in China. I am eligible to try for this but there are no stores for at least 6000 km. Any help?

A PM would be great. (hint, hint)
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #11
mcfly
mcfly began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Book
For Pete's sake, just go to B&N, look up "jp legal thriller".....answer is Judge & Jury
mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #12
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
From the Sony email:
"In stores, the Reader Digital Book (PRS-505) is displayed with a preloaded excerpt of which James Patterson legal thriller?" (Bold added)

So how is going to the B&N website going to help?

Knock knock. (Sorry, I just could not resist).
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 PM   #13
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please don't give the answer. That would make it unfair to those of us who do know the answer.
Wait a minute. Someone posts a request for the answer, and now you're saying that no one else can post or ask for the answer? Since when do you make the rules here?

If anyone has the right answer, please post it. There. I didn't "beg," but I asked politely. It's not like anyone is improperly publicizing a coupon code which shouldn't be posted.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #14
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
You can find the answer by going to the SonyStyle web-site and looking at the details about the Patterson special edition Reader.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:22 AM   #15
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Forget that -- the contest site just told me that the answer which they have at their web-site is wrong.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote