Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
yes, all those steps....

clicking on Add books, selecting the file and then clicking on Send to Device and also having to choose the yes convert it was so exhausting ..... it's no wonder I need a nap this afternoon.

and that's how I feel about setting up a complete home theater system, blu ray, 7.1 channel surround system and all.

but how about the average person? I know it's not the most complicated procedure and I also don't think setting up home theater is complicated either.

But guess what? we aren't everyone. Nor does everyone WANT to go through an extra program just to get a book on their device.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #17
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
jhemple - once you put the plug-in zip file into the Calibre folder you don't have to manually run the python scripts on the books.

Calibre looks at the file as you load it in and then strips the DRM for you as part of its process. You don't have to do anything but sit there and smile.

But yeah, I strip all my books and back them up for security reasons as well as opening them up to multi-platforms. I want to make sure I can read my books 10 years from now on whatever device I own then.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #18
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
It took me a while to get around to the plugins--I figured I knew how to do the python scripts, leave it at that. But earlier this week, I added the plug-ins to Calibre (took, like, a minute, if that, to do all of them), and now--wow! The python scripts were pretty easy, but drag-and-drop to Calibre to strip the DRM is ~ridiculously~ easy!
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote