Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
carios23
carios23 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I just bought a used PRS-505, owner cant deauthorize :(

I was trying to deauthorize from my new account but it would just freeze the ebook library.
The previous owner tried to deauthorize but it just says processing but it doesn't seem like it is going to finish.
carios23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
You may have to call Sony
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
carios23

I hate DRM
Old 03-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Call or email Sony support, they should be able to fix you up quickly.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
carios23

well, it wasn't so bad. I had to press the reset button for 10 seconds, then volume + & bookmark button for one minute and that resets the drm in the unit.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by carios23 View Post
well, it wasn't so bad. I had to press the reset button for 10 seconds, then volume + & bookmark button for one minute and that resets the drm in the unit.
Glad you got it fixed up
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carios23 View Post
Were you then able to authorize the Reader to your account?

I will have to do this for my girlfriend's 505 that I purchased on ebay.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #8
sammsmom
Enthusiast
sammsmom doesn't littersammsmom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
You should be able to. I also bought a used one and had no problems deauthorizing the old owner and authorizing me. HTH
sammsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
carios23

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Were you then able to authorize the Reader to your account?

I will have to do this for my girlfriend's 505 that I purchased on ebay.
yes, I authorized it to my account with no problems.

Tags
authorize prs-505