Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #3871
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Sorry about the short explanations, but I explain myself very bad in Spanish, you can guess in English
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #3872
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
I have installed the new modifications on prs 505 and they run ok, the only problem is the maximun capacity of the installer using the 3d icons, the capacity goes beyond the maximun. I don't know it is possible to make the same that on prs 300 was made.

thanks

PD: Can somebody explain me something about the merry actions?

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 10-09-2012 at 04:22 PM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #3873
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
I... capacity goes beyond the maximun.
With, or without the 7z.-binary?
Quote:
I don't know it is possible to make the same that on prs 300 was made.
Unfortunately no, there are no "unnecessary" Demo-Mode-Files in the 505ed Fsk.img.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #3874
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
With, or without the 7z.-binary?

Unfortunately no, there are no "unnecessary" Demo-Mode-Files in the 505ed Fsk.img.
With 7z-binary

is there any program to extrat both zip and rar files, without need two different programs?

pd: with the new modifications on statusbar_pageindex, selecting VALUE_CHAPTER to select the pages left to the next chapter, in the last page of the each chapter show (0) pages left, the before version nothing was shown (only when pages left was greater than 1).

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 10-10-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #3875
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
7zip will handle both zip and rar files.

I recently ran into a file with the .mzp extension, and it seems that only a pay program, WinArchiver, can extract .mzp... talk about annoying. I installed a trial version, unzipped the .mzp file with it, and deleted the trial.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #3876
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
7zip will handle both zip and rar files.

I recently ran into a file with the .mzp extension, and it seems that only a pay program, WinArchiver, can extract .mzp... talk about annoying. I installed a trial version, unzipped the .mzp file with it, and deleted the trial.
I've tried on my computer to extract with 7za (in comand line) a rar file, and it didn't.

To optimeze the size of the pictures i've compressed with Photoshopt using png-8, menu file --- save for web and devices -- select png-8, on the reader It isn't seem the changes.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #3877
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I no longer have 7zip installed to test it myself, but I do know I have used it in the past to open zip and rar files, but I took this from their website:
Quote:
The main features of 7-Zip (version 9.20)

High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
Supported formats:
Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.

For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
Self-extracting capability for 7z format
Integration with Windows Shell
Powerful File Manager
Powerful command line version
Plugin for FAR Manager
Localizations for 79 languages
In their FAQ, it looks like there are instances when it can't open some archives that contain incorrect headers, where other programs might disregard errors and continue. Maybe that's the issue?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #3878
VICTORSJG
Addict

I want to use it on prs 505 not on my pc. this is the difference
Old 10-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #3879
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Help!!

I'm trying to build the latest version of PRS+ 2.1 to my 650.

I got as far as running "ant" in the build folder, but then got a whole lot of errors. Can anyone help?

Code:
C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build>ant
Buildfile: C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\build.xml

buildAll:

clear:
   [delete] Deleting directory C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\tmp

build.lang:
   [script] Readme
   [script] PRS_
   [script] Found 624 rows

buildCore:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\tmp\core\lang
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\tmp\core\compat
     [echo] Combine core files
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\tmp\core1
     [echo] Copying compat/bootstrap & prsp.js
     [copy] Copying 8 files to C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\tmp\core
     [echo] Optimizing combined core & compat with yui
     [echo] Optimizing files in folder tmp/core with yui

BUILD FAILED
C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\build.xml:120: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\build.xml:218: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build\build.xml:481: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3161
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1955)
        at com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.printSourceString(JavaScriptCompressor.java:267)
        at com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.parse(JavaScriptCompressor.java:330)
        at com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.<init>(JavaScriptCompressor.java:533)
        at net.noha.tools.ant.yuicompressor.tasks.YuiCompressorTask.createJavaScriptCompressor(YuiCompressorTask.java:166)
        at net.noha.tools.ant.yuicompressor.tasks.YuiCompressorTask.compressFile(YuiCompressorTask.java:146)
        at net.noha.tools.ant.yuicompressor.tasks.YuiCompressorTask.execute(YuiCompressorTask.java:100)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:68)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:398)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:392)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:413)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1399)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1251)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:442)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:392)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:413)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1399)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1368)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1251)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:811)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:109)

Total time: 6 seconds

C:\PRSPlus-Latest\hg\build>
Alternatively, is somebody able to provide me with a pre-built version for my PRS-650?

Thank you.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:28 AM   #3880
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

sherman

did you, by chance, update ant dependencies? As described unter Optional Tasks in the ant-intallation manual?

If so, delete your ant folder and unpack a new one, skip the command
Code:
ant -f fetch.xml -Ddest=[option]
as, for unknown reason, this will break the build script.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #3881
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
sherman

did you, by chance, update ant dependencies? As described unter Optional Tasks in the ant-intallation manual?

If so, delete your ant folder and unpack a new one, skip the command
Code:
ant -f fetch.xml -Ddest=[option]
as, for unknown reason, this will break the build script.
THANK YOU!

It works now.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #3882
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Complete battery drain overnight with a 650.

Will return to 2.0.18.

Analgous, will your custom fonts work with this version?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #3883
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Fbone

Please provide some more info:
how long are you going with 2.1.01a?
have you tried a simple shutdonw/restart or (soft-)reset (reset-button and power on again) direct after the installation of PRS+ or after your problem?
are you charging via USB or main-charger?

As said many times before, spontaneous battery drain is also reported for stock-reader, and I personaly use PRS+ 2.1.x from the very first day. Only coming once across this. After reboot, there are no further problems.

About fonts: fonts for epubs, altered by CSS, will work also in 2.0.18, but you will have to open another book and return to the first one, to apply the change.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #3884
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Fbone

Please provide some more info:
how long are you going with 2.1.01a?
have you tried a simple shutdonw/restart or (soft-)reset (reset-button and power on again) direct after the installation of PRS+ or after your problem?
are you charging via USB or main-charger?

As said many times before, spontaneous battery drain is also reported for stock-reader, and I personaly use PRS+ 2.1.x from the very first day. Only coming once across this. After reboot, there are no further problems.

About fonts: fonts for epubs, altered by CSS, will work also in 2.0.18, but you will have to open another book and return to the first one, to apply the change.
Sure.
Installed 2.1.01 on Oct 6th. I never installed an earlier version. Had to do a shutdown for the fonts to appear.
Fully charged on the 7th using USB.
Completely discharged on the morning of the 8th. The 650 never went into sleep mode. The last page was still displayed although ghosted.
Recharged and shutdown/restarted.

I noticed the standby timer is set as "default." I changed it to 1, 5 and 10 minutes and the 650 worked fine on Oct 9th, 10th and today.

It could have been a coincidence. I've never experienced a complete drain before but have only used the device a few times in the 2 years of ownership. I never started it in all of 2011.

What is the 650's default time to enter sleep?

Last edited by Fbone; 10-11-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #3885
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
What is the 650's default time to enter sleep?
I think it's 15 mins.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote