Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #91
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnenmonat View Post
May I ask, whether the books of Philip Dick are already on the public domain?
Some of his early work is now in the public domain, Gutenberg has the follwing:

Beyond Lies the Wub
Beyond the Door
The Crystal Crypt
The Defenders
The Eyes Have It
The Gun
Mr. Spaceship
Piper in the Woods
Second Variety
The Skull
The Variable Man

Whether any other are, I do not know.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #92
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Some of his early work is now in the public domain ...
... in the US.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #93
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

True, but as they didn't specify which county they were in, I can't be too specific. I wasn't wrong in what I said, but I suppose I could have been more precise.

As to my own country - the UK - I cannot find any evidence that they are or conversely not in the public domain here. This is a non-issue for me as I own them anyway.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #94
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
As to my own country - the UK - I cannot find any evidence that they are or conversely not in the public domain here. This is a non-issue for me as I own them anyway.
The author died in 1982, so they won't be in the public domain (with current legislation) until 2053. It's a non-issue to you as long as you don't redistribute or get additional copies of the works.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
True, but as they didn't specify which county they were in, I can't be too specific. I wasn't wrong in what I said, but I suppose I could have been more precise.

They are not in the UK public domain. Those particular stories are all stories which were published in American magazines, for which copyright was not renewed, during the time that US-copyright had to be renewed. They are only in the public domain in the US. Nowhere else.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #96
ghostyjack
Guru

Thanks guys for clearing that up.

I wasn't certain how his stories were in the public domain in the US seeing as they use Live+75 like here in the UK. I wasn't aware on the rules around magazines.

So long as Spinnenmonat is in the US, they are safe to download them.

And I had no plans to redistribute them as there was no evidence I could find that said I was safe to do this. I'll just keep them to myself and enjoy them.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #97
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Could it BE any more difficult?

Say you're in Canada (not public domain). You drive across the border to the US (in public domain). You download the stories -- perfectly legal, you're in the US and the stories are in the public domain. You drive home. Do you have to delete them?

I know. Not even an interesting logic puzzle. But seriously, things gotta change.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:57 AM   #98
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Could it BE any more difficult?

Say you're in Canada (not public domain). You drive across the border to the US (in public domain). You download the stories -- perfectly legal, you're in the US and the stories are in the public domain. You drive home. Do you have to delete them?

I know. Not even an interesting logic puzzle. But seriously, things gotta change.
things are gonna change. they are going to be illegal all over the world. How about that solution?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #99
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice
Please keep this thread on topic. There are many other threads to discuss copyright law.

Thank you.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #100
SisterEowyn
SisterEowyn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (K4B)
I have a request, if it's at all possible. The library here is spectacular, and I've noticed quite a few uploads which are compilations of all of a specific PD author's works. I've searched and found plenty of books by the Brontë sisters, but I was wondering if it's at all possible for somebody to take the time to compile their works into the one file?

SisterEowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #101
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
Is it possible to find shelly's Prometheus Unbound online?
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #102
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes. .
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #103
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
A Google search for "Shelley Prometheus Unbound" should serve to answer that question.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #104
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
It's actually contained in Shelley's Complete Poetry:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190216
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #105
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
It's actually contained in Shelley's Complete Poetry:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190216
Oh thank you doubleshuffle, I have downloaded your ebook and read some pages and I didn't come across that part.
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote