Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
So now my "paint" is coming off my White EZreader PP

Actually a lot of things are funky.

There are like blue smudges going on the sides, which make no sense, even using a cleaning agent doesn't remove it. And the paint is coming off the sides, and under the 0.

Honestly I do not want to send it back too much effort and it is not that big of a deal to me. Is there a way to get it all off easily? or someone found a better way to cover the device it self. I take good care of it but I rather just take off all the paint myself.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post

There are like blue smudges going on the sides, which make no sense, even using a cleaning agent doesn't remove it. And the paint is coming off the sides, and under the 0.

Honestly I do not want to send it back too much effort and it is not that big of a deal to me. Is there a way to get it all off easily? or someone found a better way to cover the device it self. I take good care of it but I rather just take off all the paint myself.
Not really. It took my Blue one almost 2 months of "picking" at the wrinkles to have a "nude" look on the front.
A few small places on the back did not wrinkle and I tried a razor blade. The coating was really-really thick, even with flat blade angle care, I managed to gouged places on the back..
Take your time, and deal with the flakes all over the place.
0 and 9 > long worn away.
Page forward arrow... History
1.. Bright and shinny
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
We are standing by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post

Dear Rock:

You are still covered by warranty. I admire that you do not want to send it back... but we are ready if you change your mind. The new white ones are proving fine with no problems.

Another alternative is maybe we can send a cannablized white body to you, if we have one, and if you feel fully capable of switching the insides over. Our Head Tech is on vacation and he would know what we have.

In any case, we are here to make this easier; and I am sorry for the aggravation! I know others have mentioned that they are sanding and such and I am sure they will respond.

Our tollfree number is: 1-866-368-8788
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Wish I was offered a black case to put on myself. :/ Hopefully this week will be the week I get it back.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote