Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I'm using a head torch these days with my Sony... it really doesn't mind what case I use...
I was considering that. I have one that is part of my camping gear. Does that work out well for you?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #32
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I was considering that. I have one that is part of my camping gear. Does that work out well for you?
It does. It would probably get uncomfortable after a few hours, though.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #33
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
It does. It would probably get uncomfortable after a few hours, though.
I was thinking mostly about using it during my morning walks (now that the sun is coming up later).
Old 10-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #34
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
I was thinking mostly about using it during my morning walks (now that the sun is coming up later).
That should be fine! (Although do remember if you come across anyone else and look them in the eye, they'll get an eyeful of torch light )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #35
Keithd
Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505
Bought the Verilux - hate it.

Mind you, when the batteries are fully charged, it works *great*, even on the DX. But charging with USB sucks. I charged mine for an entire day by USB, and not enough power to go an hour.

I might try buying new rechargables, but I've used two different sets (1700 mAh and 2500 mAh AAs). I have to throw the batteries on a stand-alone charger to get through more than a couple hours.

No to mention, the thing is flimsy and cheap-feeling like some cheap Chinese made toy rather than a $20 reading light.
Keithd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I purchased the Mighty Brite XtraFlex 2 for my mother's 600. It works quite nicely. It can be gotten at B&N or Borders for $14.95.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #37
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
If you have one with a red LED or filter it will also preserve your night vision.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #38
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
If you have one with a red LED or filter it will also preserve your night vision.
I pulled it out to try it and inadvertently broke it while changing the dead battery.