Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
rumcd
rumcd began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Kindle 3G, nook Classic, Sony PRS-500
Question re: headphone jack on PE

Can anyone offer the physical configuration of this jack? What [if any] headphone/microphone combination will work. At first I thought it was for headphones only, but now see that the icon is an earphone and boom mic image. Any ideas /suggestions?
rumcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Howdy, rumcd!

Here's a quote from the manual: "The standard 3.5 mm input accepts a combination headphone/microphone jack."

I have a nifty little headphone that works well. Haven't tried anything else, but since it's "standard" I would imagine any 3.5 set will work, no??

There's an internal microphone, too, as I'm sure you know!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
I haven't played with it yet, but if you get a standard headset/mic combination with a 3.5mm tip-ring-ring-sleeve configuration it should work. Note that some manufacturers used to screw around with standards, but nowadays any headset that works on the iPhone or "most cellphones" should have the correct pinout.
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
Triskalleon
Enthusiast
Triskalleon began at the beginning.

Device: none
So if we plug a regular pair of headphones in it, we don't get stereo? (I need to copy some music over to it and find out, I guess.)
Triskalleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskalleon View Post
So if we plug a regular pair of headphones in it, we don't get stereo? (I need to copy some music over to it and find out, I guess.)
The standard TRRS pinout is designed to a regular stereo TRS plug still gets you L-R in the correct channels. I don't use my PE for music but I'll test it out today.
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
Triskalleon
Enthusiast
Triskalleon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, a standard mini-plug for a stereo headset does get stereo output. I also tried it with a cassette adapter in the car and that worked, too, with some obvious stereo separation. I'm pleased with the music-playing ability of the Pedge.
Triskalleon is offline   Reply With Quote